My husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary at Norse Hill with all 8 of our children ranging from 23-10 years of age. Simply, Norse Hill was glorious. We all had a great time and have elevated our Norse Hill experience to our best family vacation yet. There is so much to say about the property, home and staff.
Things we loved:
• The layout of the house is exceptional, especially for a large group. We can tell that great thought and attention was paid to the design and its layout. We loved the master bedroom doors leading to the balconies. While air conditioning was available, we choose to listen to the wildlife symphony each night and early morning. The breeze we experienced was exquisite.
• The gardens and property were beautifully kept up.
• The assortment of books was great as was the over-sized backgammon game.
• The house staff was ideal. Lestin, Wayne and Rose did a wonderful job of caring for our needs. It was the first time we have had the great pleasure of experiencing house staff while on vacation. I am hard pressed to vacation without house staff ever again.
• Frontgate furniture was beautiful and perfect for relaxation and reading under the fig tree.
• It was a great help to have Dude, our driver, available at a moment’s notice to drive us around town. He has a great, heartwarming personality and smile to match. Dude was always early for each drive, which I found comforting, particularly driving to the airport twice.
• Cell phone available for use while at Norse Hill was very convenient and helpful.
Chef Lestin was exceptional. Each morning we were served fresh fruit, cereal, bacon, eggs, toast and juice. We are big bacon and egg eaters so this was a perfect fit. The following items were favorites for all of us: Pumpkin soup and red bean soup, green salad served at lunch and dinner, pasta and meat sauce, lasagna, Jamaican curry chicken and rice. Simply delicious!
Some nice touches:
• White plush bath towels in every bathroom.
• Rum drinks served when we arrived on our first day.
• Bathrobe in master bathroom.
• 5 gallon Water cooler in the family room
• Sunscreen/bug spray by the front door
• Staff on hand upon arriving and departing.
The Merritts are very gracious to share their piece of heaven on earth. I feel blessed that we found Norse Hill. We will certainly be back. Our children insist!