Picture yourself high up above the Mediterranean Sea with the famous Amalfi coastline spread out in front of you, the smell of rosemary, basil and sun-kissed flowers surrounding you at twilight while you shower. I really don't think I need to write much more to convince you to stay at Richard and Lopi's artistic and private studio home in Nocelle. But, I will lop out more words just as a loving and fretting Italian mama dishes out more and more (and more) food during dinner time.
I admit, writing this post is a bit dangerous. The more people that read about and experience this heavenly holiday home, the less available it will be for my husband and me when we want to return. And yes, we absolutely plan to return.
Nocelle is a tiny village high up above Positano. For those of you who do not like stairs, this town and this holiday home are not for you (to be honest, nor is Italy for you, as steps are everywhere...but, I digress). For those of you who need a swimming pool alongside your accommodation (despite the Mediterranean being a short walk or bus ride away), well then this home is not for you. And for those of you who prefer a noisy, high touristy area with loads of restaurants to choose from such as what Positano has to offer, well again this home is not for you.
However, if you are still reading this post, then I will (rather reluctantly) share with you what wonders you have to look forward to when you come to stay at Richard's home:
- a private outdoor hot-water shower (as mentioned above in my gripping intro)
- a private and large outdoor area to sunbathe, relax in the hammock, star gaze, meditate on the bird's eye view of the mountain and the sea, eat lunch in the shade of flowering vines, and drink Italian espresso on the bench made for two
- a gorgeous and clean large studio home with tempurpedic mattress bed and artistic everything (from beautiful art work on the walls to the intricate ceiling/roof of the home that lets in natural light in the most beautiful ways to a well-stocked library and more and more)
- Richard and Lopi who will welcome you with open arms (and paws) and tell you everything there is to know about the amalfi coast including its best kept secrets (we encourage you to invite Richard for coffee or acqua con gas and listen to his stories - this man has LIVED!! A true gem.)
- Two incredible restaurants in Nocelle (best pizza around)
- Steps away from the Path of the Gods (a perfect day of hiking)