The condo was in a good location and close to everything. The rooftop BBQ area was great for watching the sunset. There is a pool and area right outside the lanai to relax in the morning with coffee. There are some great places to eat nearby. Shaka Pizza, Kihei Cafe, and Coconuts. Ululani's shaved ice is a must to try, its right down the street as well as some of the bakery items at the Sugar Beach Bakery (its next door to Ululani's). There is a WalMart (see note below) near the airport as well as a Costco. If you want a really nice dinner Mama's Fish House is wonderful but you will need reservations. Things to do in the area that we found a lot of fun were ziplining, the road to Hana, sunrise bike tour down Haleakala, Lahaina, and Molikini Crater.
Some things to consider if you book this condo:
1. Stop by Wal-Mart for supplies before you arrive such as paper towels, toilet paper, bath soap, shampoo, trash bags, laundry soap, dryer sheets, bug spray, and basic condiments. There was one roll of toilet paper for nine people for ten days. There are no basic supplies provided.
2. If you have any maintenance issues the maintenance person onsite is very responsive in trying to help.
3. Don't anger the woman upstairs with any talking before 8:00 a.m. or after 10:00 a.m.
4. The description states that the condo sleeps 10 but you will be charged $20 per person per night if you have more than six adult guests.
5. There is NO air conditioning.
6. Good location and close to grocery, cafes, Starbuck's, and shopping.
We had a nice family vacation and enjoyed the area very much. Kihei is a great place for family if you spend time on Maui.