Just got back! My family of four had a great time staying at this house. Here's a list of the pros:
- The huge covered lanai: It adds about 30% more square footage to the house and gave my two boys (7 and 4) the room they needed to stretch out after a long flight and long drive from Kona. I love that it was screened in - kept the house cool and kept the bugs out!
- Proximity to the tide pools: I thought the tide pools were kind of neat idea when we booked this house (they're right around the corner). They turned out to be a daily destination. Ahlanui Pond is stone's throw away as well.
- House has just about everything you need: Lots and lots of towels (very important), water shoes (we brought our own, but you definitely need for the tide pools because of all the lava rock), kitchen stuff.
- Comfy bed in the master: Did wonders for my husband's back
- Our own personal pond: The unexpected surprise was that every day the front yard would fill up with when the water tables rose and become a clean pond for a couple of hours. Don't dip in the pond that's in the photos- it looks a little slimy. But the disappearing pond was great and deep enough for the kids to wade and splash around in.
Cons: Minor, but here they are-
- It's a bit of a drive to get to stores, restaurants, etc. (About 10-15 minutes) Doesn't seem super-long, but if you're used to that stuff being around the corner, it takes getting used to.
- The propane tank on the grill was empty, so we didn't get to bbq.
Overall, the location was good, the house was big and it was just what we needed.