Four adults stayed in the villa for a week in May, when Naxos is at its beautiful best with wild flowers everywhere. Naxos town is very attractive with lots of shops and restaurants, especially in the winding backstreets, but without being crowded, expensive or overly commercialised.....ie a great contrast with Santorini !
- The property is very clean, well maintained and is fully equipped. The upstairs room has its own lounge area, a balcony and a even small kitchenette if privacy is required. The sun hits the pool area all day.
- Location is very peaceful and private. There are a few other villas nearby but they do not overlook the property, which is otherwise surrounded by a protected maple forest, nearby a lake and with views of Naxos town & the mountains
- Angelos, the owner, is extremely enthusiastic friendly and helpful (eg he provided the beach / pool towels we had forgotten, gave us lots of tips for places to go, found us a bar that was showing the English Cup Final and gave us a lift from and to the port)
- He also runs a car hire company with his uncle and gives preferential rates to his villa customers. In our case we got a brand new car for significantly less than we paid for a dangerous wreck of a car in Santorini....which we ultimately decided to keep it throughout our stay.
- the flip side of the peaceful location is the lack of facilities in the immediate area. The nearest restaurant is 10-15 mins walk, on the 'main' road into the local village (itself 5 mins further on), where there are a range of additional bars & restaurants (all very friendly and good value for money) plus the nearest supermarket that can be reached without a car.
- Car hire is therefore highly recommended / essential......but then Naxos is 4 x bigger than Santorini and a beautiful island, so one would want a car for at least some of the time anyway
We all agreed that we would be very happy to return, both to the island and to this villa.