Our family of four stayed in this little jewel box for a week in June/July 2014. We stayed for a week in an apartment in London prior to this. Having always stayed in hotels until this trip, our experience with this apartment has won us over to apartment rentals. The Atelier is so beautifully designed that it was truly a relaxing and enjoyable place to return to after long and crowded summer days in Paris. From the darling bedroom with its armoire and comfortable bedding down the spiral staircase to the fully equipped chef's kitchen, and old stone walls of the bathroom, each part of this apartment is thoughtfully designed and furnished. It is as represented in the photos- perhaps even better!
Here's what we also appreciated-
* A large beautiful bowl filled with fresh vegetables for our use. (After a week in London we were craving vegetables!)
* A large bowl of tomatoes on the dining table.
* Fully stocked with laundry detergent, dishwashing liquid, toilet paper, dishwasher tablets, new kitchen sponge, plastic bags and the things you don't want to have to purchase for your week's vacation. (Our apartment in London did not provide these.)
* Wonderful shampoo and body wash for our use. (Again another touch our other apartment rental in London did not provide)
* Hair dryer
* Electrical adapters left for our use in addition to the built in one in the kitchen perfectly located for phone/ipad charging.
* Lovely sheets and towels.
* A sofa bed our kids said was quite comfortable and a big screen t.v. for them to watch the World Cup.
* Proximity to the Arts et Metiers metro (one block) and walking distance to great shopping (Marais) Notre Dame (15 min) and the Louvre (20-25 min).
* Carforte (sp?) grocery store is right by the metro- one block away.
We could not be more pleased with our stay at this lovely apartment and hope to return some day. We would not hesitate to recommend it to friends. We have to add that we had some concerns when we google mapped the location and saw the street view. The apartment is located in the Asian handbag section of the Marais and I was a bit concerned that it was going to be full of trucks, noise and perhaps not 'french' enough. This is truly of no concern. The apartment is down a charming alley with a wonderful wine bar and patisserie. Behind the wood alley door lies a courtyard leading to the first floor apartment (with a charming spiral staircase up to the bedroom). It is a very safe area.