First let me say that at first I was a little concerned about the location for this property as it looks on the map to be a long way away from Duval and some of the other hotspots of Key West, but I found after arriving that this really enhanced my stay. Being away from all of the night-time craziness allowed me and my family to have a much more enjoyable and relaxing trip.
A few gems from the trip that we haven't been able to get at other places in Key West:
1) Taking out the sea kayaks to explore the mangrove swamp behind the house;
2) Set up the ping pong table and doing my best Forrest Gump impersonation;
3) Petting the manatees that came right up to the seawall behind the house (I'm sure someone will scold me for doing this, but c'est la vie);
4) Cooking up some fresh lobsters and grouper on the grill;
5) Jumping in the canal behind the house after a day at Smather's Beach.
This is a great property that really makes you feel at home. I can't wait to go back again!