This beach house is beautiful and clean!! My husband and I along with our 3 children (ages 11, 9, & 6) PLUS grandma and grandpa had plenty of space to move around and feel comfortable.
1. The pantry and linen closet were stocked with everything we needed including: a blender (happily surprised with that find!,) cooler for the beach, extra condiments, dishtowels, hand soap, laundry soap, beach towels, extra sheets, you name it!
2. Cozy beds, nice showers!!
3. The pool was clean and the lounge chairs were comfy. The kids also spend a great deal of time trying to catch the little geckos that would peek at us from the fence! What fun! (Cheap entertainment!!--Who needs Disneyland?)
4. The house is not right on the beach but we thoroughly enjoyed the short trip in the golf cart to the beach! We just loaded up the beach chairs and boogie boards (supplied for our use!) and made the 4 minute drive. It was fun to stop and see the gopher tortoises along the way! Definitely would have been too long of a walk with 3 kids and equipment every day, but do-able if you needed to. We highly recommend the golf cart though!
5. It was very easy to cook our own meals at the house and we only ate out 3 times. We brought along our own steaks, chicken and hamburger and bought fruit/veggies/bread at the grocery before coming on the island. It was so nice to grill out on the beautiful patio and let the kids swim in the pool while we made dinner. The most relaxing family dinners we have ever had!
6. Rum Bay restaurant is the only restaurant you can get to on the island without leaving the island. It was VERY good each time we went and not too pricey. The kid’s meals were around $6-$7 and adult entrees were around $10-$15.
7. The ocean is gorgeous! Beautiful teal-blue waters and so warm that we all swam in it for hours each day. Had a great time finding shells and found over 500 shark teeth (again, who needs Disney?) The beaches were quiet!!! Heaven on earth!
8. The owners were so accommodating and met us at the house to show us around. They built the home around 10 yrs ago and are so proud of it, as they should be! During the week we had a question about the pool level, so they stopped down the next day to take a look at it (no problems, just had to adjust something.) They really were great to work with and responded quickly to any questions via phone or email.
9. We already booked this home for next year! Counting down the days! Thank you for the wonderful vacation!!