- The property is huge. The landscaping is very well done. The backyard is private from the neighbors on both sides, but there are 2-3 homes directly across the waterway.
- The bedrooms are big, plenty of closets and dressers.
- More than enough bathrooms.
- The layout is great for a big group, plenty of space to all be together in the living room, or spread out in multiple groups and not be on top of each other.
- The kitchen is very spacious.
- The outdoor grill area is essential!
- And last, but not least, the owners were very reasonable and very kind people (as is mentioned in EVERY review!)
I hate to be the first one to give it less than 5 stars, but unfortunately, for us, there were a few things that kept it from being a "perfect" 5 stars.
- During our initial walk-through, the owner told us she would come back to replace a table, but we weren't given details about when and we didn't receive an email or phone call before she showed up the next morning to do so. It happened again the day after that, no heads up phone call or email. We felt those things should be done in the 6-hr window on Saturday between guests OR we should have been given proper notification.
- Only 1 out of the 4 bedrooms upstairs has blinds. Every other room in the house is without blinds and therefore lacking privacy and completely bright as soon as the sun comes up. Beware if you want to sleep in.
- The back of the house faces East, NE. This means, IN THE WINTER, the pool gets full sun until about 11am. If you're sunbathing and sitting on the waterway side of the pool, you can get sun for another 2-3hrs, but by 2pm it was all shade. I was told this is a "PRO" in the summer months so you can enjoy the backyard without direct sunlight, but we rented in December and had a small window for afternoon sun.
- We had no floor mats in the bathrooms, we used towels so we wouldn't slip getting out of the shower. I'm sure if we called they would have brought their own bath mats from their house that's how accommodating the owners were.
All in all it was a great rental and a lot can be said about having great support from the owners. I would recommend this house.