Paradise has been found !!! On a scale of 1-10, we undoubtedly give Villa Mango a 15 !!! To say that our time at Villa Mango was better than we ever imagined, is an understatement…….and we were lucky enough to get married in this paradise. We have traveled extensively and Villa Mango falls into the rare category of “We Must Return”…..there are only two other locations in the world that hold this distinction (we typically visit a location once and opt for a new destination on our next trip). We were already talking about a return visit as we boarded our flight home.
Please note, Punta Rucia is a very small town that truly offers an authentic experience (it is not a resort town). In our book, this is a plus. We gladly did without the shopping malls, Starbucks, crowds, night clubs, grocery stores, etc. For this reason, have the owners pick you up at the airport (fly into Puerto Plata) and take you to the grocery store before traveling to Punta Rucia. Once you find yourself at Villa Mango, you’ll realize simple living takes all of your worries away.
The owners, Carl-Philippe & Natalie, are people of integrity, respect and kind hearted. The photos and info on Villa Mango’s profile is an accurate depiction of the accommodations/area. They were very helpful and accommodating from the moment we inquired about staying at Villa Mango.
Here’s a summary as to why Villa Mango is PARADISE !!!
- Villa Mango is literally right on the beach (it’s a very quiet and clean beach with warm, crystal clear blue waters). You get to enjoy this ocean view as you look out nearly every window in the house, as you dine in the covered eating area, as you swing in one of the two hammocks. Eat at the neighboring cafe.
- Punta Rucia has not been spoiled by tourists, so you’ll experience an authentic part of the Dominican Republic.
- Villa Mango offers the best in beach living (the house & grounds are extremely clean, hot water, AC for a charge, well equipped kitchen, BBQ, comfortable beds, etc).
- There are water activities galore and priced economically (stand-up paddle boards, kayaks, boogie boards, snorkeling, SCUBA). You can also rent bikes. For free, you can use Villa Mango’s boogie board and snorkeling gear. We rented SUP boards, kayaks and a bike from nearby Villa Rosa .
- The staff and owners will take exceptional care of you. However, they are very respectful of your privacy.
- The people of Punta Rucia are extremely welcoming and kind.