1. Private and secluded
2. Perfect location for an authentic cultural experience, as the house is located in the central Costa Rican town of ATenas
3. Beautiful home, with all the modern amenities (and clean drinking water) in a gorgeous setting
4. Working with Andrew, the property manager, was not only a breeze, but an incredibly positive experience
5. Peaceful location
6. Unique floor plan that adds to the tropical feel
7. Great nighttime serenades by multiple species of unseen (and unknown) wildlife in the surrounding trees!
8. Extraordinary sunsets and a fantastic view
1. Not as clean as I would like, i.e. the kitchen is a bit disorganized, the towels and linens were thrown haphazardly in the closets and the entire place could have used a good dusting. (Though I realize the house is airy and open and prone to dust...)
2. Far from beaches, though we did make a lot of day trips and it's very doable
Would suggest this home to anyone looking for an authentic, relaxing experience. Andrew is terrific to work with and Atenas is a charming little place. There's a local supermarket that's fully-stocked and the weather is perfect! People were friendly and we felt very safe.