This is a newly redone historic-age house (130 years old) in downtown Napa. A couple of things to highlight:
Easily walkable to the downtown Napa:
* 2 blocks to the nearest Starbucks
* Maybe 4 blocks to "BIscuits" -- a nice (albeit slow) breakfast & lunch joint
* About 8 blocks to the center of downtown, with a plethora of restaurants, cafes, wine tasting rooms, and boutique stores
* Being toward the south end of Napa valley, this is relatively quick to get to from SF
* Quick access from the home onto the Silverado Trail (which is the most convenient way to get to wineries, since 29 is a parking lot on weekends)
* Centrally located in Napa for groceries, general stores, etc.
* Recently redone, old house. Tastefully finished. Wood and tile floors throughout.
* Nice open living area (kitchen, living room) with lots of counter space including a breakfast bar area.
* Only one bathroom.
* Washer and dryer off the kitchen.
* Handy blow-up extra mattress.
* Wonderful porch. Enjoyed many an hour sitting out enjoying the July 4 fireworks, a glass or two of wine, guitar, etc.
* We met the owners on the first day. They own a number of properties in the area that they are personally involved with (e.g. rebuilding older houses).
* Very helpful with tips on the area, activities for kids, etc.
* Their hospitality really made the stay more enjoyable.
* Strawberry farm stand a mile or two up Silverado trail on the left. I've seen this place 25 times but never stopped until this visit. Holy cow! Best strawberries I've had since I was a kid and my neighbor grew them and we'd pick them fresh!
* Oxbow Public Market - walkable or 3 minute car ride. Not really a market as much as a bunch of high end little shops stuffed into a building. But the fruit and fresh veggies were very good (and very pricey), the cheese was amazing, the pizza was great, etc.
* Biscuits. Restaurant. Just google for Napa Biscuits. 30 minute wait for simple breakfast items, but they're good. Not cheap, but good.
Overall, a nice few days in Napa with the family. Pleasant and helpful owners. Cute house -- cute in a way only an older house can be. Nicely equipped.