Our family spent 3 days and nights here last June and absolutely LOVED it. We just booked for the same weekend in June and can't wait for the trip. Here is a breakdown of why we find this Tahoe home to be such a perfect fit for us (and many others):
1. Location: Easy to get to as it sits between Truckee and Tahoe City and falls on a main road, but the long driveway means the home is secluded. The house is nestled back in the trees allowing beautiful views and has all sorts of little tracks and outside areas to explore. We loved to wander across the street to the Truckee River and to walk around the grounds. But then it is essentially 10-15 minutes to all places you might need or want.
2. Family fit: The location certainly set the stage for our wonderful trip, but the house itself really suited us. It is very child friendly - our kids (aged 1 and 3) loved to pile cushions up in the basement and run around, play ping pong, sit at the poker table, explore the patios or run down the hall upstairs.
3. Group fit: We went up with another family (same age kids) and the house really could not have been better for this crew of 8. We slept on one side of the home while the other family took 3 bedrooms at the other end. The closets are so big and have windows that we used both of them for the older kids (who liked the idea of building a "nest"). Early wakers could go down to the lowest level and run around without disturbing others. We could hang out as a big group very easily but also separate into family units if desired.
4. Pet friendly: We have a dog and love to travel with her. She was allowed in the home, which of course made our trip more fun. But the location of the home also means fun for the dog -- she could explore the outside with ease. Lots of walks to be had.
5. General fun: Everything about the home and area made us happy - playground in Tahoe City, taking the tram up at Squaw, biking the trail, taking hikes and dipping out feet in the water. Tahoe is such an amazing place, and this home made it all the better.
I should mention that Kevin in a fantastic renter -- so helpful and accommodating. We will go back every year if we can and could not be more excited about this prospect. Don't miss out on a truly spectacular rental.