My family & I (which consisted of 6 adults and 2 young children) recently traveled to San Diego (from Wisconsin) to attend the wedding of a family member. We decided that we'd spend the latter part of our vacation near the beach & opted to rented this property for 3 nights in early October 2014.
This was the first time that we'd used VRBO.com so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect or how genuine the reviews were. For anyone else that might be a little nervous, I have to say that you can definitely rest easy.
Here's a quick low down on what you can expect if you rent this property:
1. The photos on the site are a great representation of what the property looks like.
2. The home's interior is all very modern & appears to have been recently remodeled.
3. The bathrooms are gorgeous.
4. If you're trying to decide whether your vehicle(s) will fit in the garage (one in front of the other), note that our two rental vehicles (full size sedan and mini-van) were about 2' too long so we had to leave the garage door open. I think 2 full size sedans would fit.
5. Towels (bath & beach) are all provided and are of good quality.
6. The internet and cell reception aren't great, but (according to a relative who lives in a house a few blocks away) that is very common in this area and isn't specific to the house. It wasn't a major inconvenience at all. I was still able to access/send texts, etc.
7. There is a grocery store (Ralph's) within a 10 minute drive.
8. No a/c but all bedrooms have ceiling fans.
9. Master bdrm faces the ocean & has a patio leading out to it.
10. Property owner was very responsive & called us back when we had a question during check-in and as we were preparing to fly home.
All in all this really is a great property & I imagine that if you stay here, you'll walk away with wonderful memories just as we did.