We had an amazing Christmas at the beach and have tons of pictures to make a book of memories with! This property met our expectations and then some! It was clean and the listing was accurate.
I looked at several properties before picking this one. There were 4 items that were important for us and were the reasons I chose this property: 1) Walking distance to the beach. I wanted to be able to access the beach without driving or walking a long distance. This property is a very short walk from Ocean Beach, which is a fabulous beach! 2) Private parking spot. This was important to my husband. I am so glad he brought this to my attention. We didn't have to worry about finding a place to park. 3) Kitchen equipped for cooking/baking. With two adults, four kids, and a budget I wanted to have space and tools for cooking our own meals like we do at home. I was pleasantly surprised with how well stocked this kitchen was. 4) Washer/Dryer in the home. Oh man this wound up being used even more than I originally thought. I am not sure how constant sand works for the locals, but I was doing laundry everyday! We also didn't have to pack as much for our week-long stay since I knew we could wash clothes as needed.
Activities while we were there:
- Lots of time on the beach. It was in the 70's the first 3 days we were there. The boogie boards in the unit were great. We also used the beach chairs, which are very nice Tommy Bahama chairs that recline. The cooler in the unit also came in handy. We didn't need the umbrellas, but there were two available. There were even some sand toys in the unit we used, which was a nice surprise.
- We visited the Mormon Battalion Museum, which is in a great part of old downtown San Diego. The parking there is free. And the presentation was great!
- We also went to the LDS San Diego Temple to see their Christmas lights, which was a relaxing and festive family activity.
- One of the most amazing things we did was whale watching! Groupon had a deal. This was so much fun!
- We also drove down to Point Loma and went to the Cabrillo National Monument. We saw some cool tide pools.
Overall we had a fantastic stay and would definitely recommend this property. It is a great location!