Overall, we had a great time! We were there Sat to Sat with 10 adults and 7 kids under the age of 8.
Biggest plus – totally secluded, private pool, private lake, lots of space, only 30 min. from entrance to Yosemite
Biggest gripe – pool isn’t heated, check out time is super early (10am)
More details on each of the rooms and amenities:
- Dining area - loved the super long table that fit every single one of us!
- Kitchen – had most amenities we needed. Stocked with more than enough plates and silverware for meals. Wasn’t sure if fridge freezer was working properly – ice cream was a little melty.
- Pool/Hot Tub – The pool does NOT come heated. Said it came with a solar panel to keep it warm… I’m not sure if the big blue tarp was their version of a “solar panel”, but it didn’t keep it warm. Was lukewarm which meant you shivered the moment you got in, but got used to it. The hot tub worked fine and was toasty.
- The Lake – Nice size lake with lots of little fish, but this is NOT A LAKE FOR SWIMMING. I don’t know anyone in their right mind who would jump in that lake. It’s full of algae. With that aside, the lake itself was great for paddle boating and fun fishing.
- Media Room – Plenty of seating and far enough from the Living Room that we didn’t have to hear the kids scream and bicker. TV is large enough. The cushion was plenty (movable sofa set) but it definitely showed LOTS of wear. Looks like a dog chewed through the corners of several of the moveable pieces.
- Living Room – Cute with the three big circular couches and one long couch. It has a TV so you can watch movies and huge panoramic windows behind to always keep the sun and view.
- Master downstairs – nice enough. No complaints.
- Single bedroom downstairs – fair. There were holes in the wall which probably should be fixed. No closets or storage space in this room though. Smallest of rooms.
- King room main floor w/crib – Quite large actually. Came with a little crib.
- King room main floor – smaller than the one w/crib, but it was fine.
- Bunk room – There were two twin over full beds in the room, large enough for a family or just a bunch of kids. No closets.
- Master over the pool area – Awesome! Newest room w/AC & wood floors.
Overall, yes the place has lots of cobwebs, a few holes and imperfections, and some screens are broken in areas. Did it detract from our vacation? No. Should they be fixed? Yes. Would I go again? Likely (assuming enough people to split the cost). :)