My family of 6 (four kids ages 4 thru 9) stayed here for five weeks while waiting to close on our permanent house. This rental property served our needs very well. The detailed description above is very accurate - this is a nice house on a large lot; it's pretty well appointed inside and out. We had a great time and do recommend this place if you're looking for a vacation stay. The owner was very helpful and friendly, always available over the phone, and lives in the vicinity so he was prompt to stop by on the few occasions we needed something. Here are some details to note for your consideration:
- The bedrooms are small (except for the master which is huge) and have only a very closet and small dresser each; not a big deal if only staying a few days but hard to unpack if you're staying longer.
- The outdoor gas grill works great (disregard earlier reviews); we used it all the time. The outdoor sink however was not hooked up when we were there. Not a big deal as you're pretty close to the kitchen and the laundry room which also has a sink.
- The main kitchen (cooking are proper) is TINY. It's well appointed with good appliances (and a double oven!) but difficult to get more than one or two people cooking at once. Lots of dishes, silverware, various cookware are provided, with plenty more in an additional pantry in the laundry room. And although the cooking area is small, the eating areas are large with a round breakfast table, a large rectangular dining table, and three separate outdoor table/chair sets plus the outdoor bar area.
- All the countertops (kitchen and bathrooms) are a very high custom height - executive height or maybe even taller. I loved it, being 6ft tall, but it was not as good for my wife and kids. If you're tall you'll love it, but it's not as conducive for shorter people. If you have kids, bring a step stool.
- The garage is detached, but it's connected to the house by a covered patio/walkway.
- Pool and hot tub are great.
- Lots of wildlife! Lizards, birds, gila monster, quails, etc. Great if you love that sort of thing.
- Phenomenal views of the Catalinas from the pool and ourdoor bar/grill area, as well as the main dining room.
All in all a great house, friendly and helpful owner, and a wonderful experience.