The railway retreat was well-appointed and the inside was just lovely! The beds were quite comfortable and the layout was nice. It is very close to town, and we enjoyed walking downtown for meals and entertainment with the our family. Our boys just LOVED the trampoline and the loft. The trampoline kept them busy and smiling. The King Sized beds were nice and the sheets & mattress toppers were quite comfy. The living room with the vaulted ceilings was really beautiful. The full sized washer and dryer were put to good use and worked very well!
A few things that might be improved upon, or would have been nice to know before we arrived:
* There are freight trains coming through every night - VERY loudly.
* our oldest son found 1/2 dozen rusty nails in the dirt driveway where we were parked - a quick once over with an industrial magnet should solve that easily
* there is no ac - just a swamp cooler
* the hot tub had hair floating in it when we opened it - our kiddos used it once, developed rashes & we all decided not to go in it the rest of the time
* There weren't any spa towels that we found. It worked out okay since the boys only used the spa once, but they had to use their bath towels when they got out. No biggie, I just washed them when they were done, so they would have bath towels for the evening.
* the grass in the back yard was completely dead, but still very tall and un-mowed - I understand that the grass dies in the winter here, but we were surprised the yard had not been kept up & the walk way was also full of weeds
* WiFi is very slow. For most on vacation that would be just fine, but my husband had to work in the mornings, so it was a bit slow for what he needed.
* The ceiling fans (especially in the master) could use a really good cleaning. We thought the fan was white, but after my dad had major allergy attacks when he went into the master bedroom, we looked more closely and saw that the fan was wicker and just full of dust.
* The couch was a pull out couch, but the mattress had been taken out. So the couch cushions sunk really low and it was hard to sit in. We easily fixed this by putting the decorative couch cushions under the regular couch cushions for support.
* The property sleeps up to 10 (we were a party of 6) and there were only 4 regular sized spoons. Some additional silverware would be helpful.
This was a really beautiful house, but I feel that for the price, some amenities were lacking.