Wondering where to go on your December vacation? Embrace the winter weather on a ski trip, or escape the cold at a tropical beach. Here are the high and low temperatures for December in popular destinations around the world.
If you're looking for some warmth, there are a handful of destinations in the US to consider. Southern Florida, in particular, offers up beach weather while most the country is in ski season. Try destinations like Fort Myers Beach
and the Florida Keys
, as well, has plenty of sunshine in December.
Where is the Best Weather in December?
While much of North America and Europe are knee deep in snow, the Southern Hemisphere is enjoying summertime in December. Beaches in the Caribbean
are big tourist draws this time of year - people preferring to celebrate Christmas under a beach umbrella than a blanket of snow. Hawaii
, as usual, is also warm in December. South Australia
and Central America beaches are also popular this time of year - Guatemala
and Costa Rica
are standouts. It's also worth noting that South Africa also sees moderate weather in December, making a holiday trip to Cape Town
a great idea.
Hello, Ski Season
If you actually enjoy
winter weather, and all the sports that go with it, go for a more adventurous ski vacation. It's the start of the ski season in many parts of the US and beyond, and the slopes are ready for action. Ski in Northern Italy
, or the Pyrenees in France
, or welcome the ski season in Colorado at resorts like Keystone
Budget Beach Rentals in South Australia
Calypso -A beautiful apartment 25 metres to the beach in Horseshoe Bay! Accommodating up to 5 guests all on one level without stairs. Up to three bedrooms available.
Calypso offers the same unmatched standard as all of our other homes with one f...
• This apartment in Glenelg is conveniently located just a few metres away from the Jetty Road shopping precinct
• Everything is available from supermarkets to restaurants, as well as being just next door to the historical Glenelg to Adelaide Cit...
This recently refurbished ground floor apartment consists of two bedrooms and can comfortably sleep 6 guests. As a fully furnished and self-contained 'pad', enjoy the fabulous sea views and listening to the calming rolling waves of the sea from th...
* First floor Unit , clean and comfortable accommodation.
* 2 bedrooms both with double beds + single bed trundle in main bedroom - can sleep possibly one small child
* Separate kitchen and dine table. Microwave/convention oven only, no stove...
Fully equipped tastefully furnished 2 bedroom apartment is minutes from the coast and close to popular family destination Glenelg Beach.
• Comfortable and really well equipped
• Waking distance to beach
• Public transport to city and shops