The Best Leavenworth Restaurants
If you're looking for a little slice of Bavarian paradise in the Pacific Northwest, then head to Leavenworth, Washington. Leavenworth holds one of the largest Oktoberfest celebrations outside of Germany as well as a Bavarian Christmas celebration. Here are the top restaurants that Leavenworth visitors love:
- Munchen Haus : When visiting a Bavarian town, you must try one of the local German restaurants. This restaurant is known for its brats and for being kid-friendly. Everything is made fresh daily and there are many mustards to choose from.
- Kingfisher Restaurant and Wine Bar : For foodies who are looking for healthy, fresh, and organic far, Kingfisher is Leavenworth’s best. Many of the ingredients come from a two-acre organic garden owned by the restaurant and meals are served buffet style. Reservations are recommended.
- Visconti's Ristorante Italiano : If you're looking for quality Italian food in Leavenworth, this restaurant should be at the top of your list. Not only will you have great food, but the third floor view is to die for. You'll find traditional Italian dishes including ravioli, lasagna, and tortellini as well as contemporary dishes such as salsiccia e panne and veal picatta.
- South : This Mexican restaurant specializes in creating a fun atmosphere with quality food. You'll definitely want to try the chips with their freshly made salsa. The restaurant pledges to buy fresh produce from family farmers in Central Washington as well as hormone-free beef.
- Cafe Mozart : Another German restaurant in town is Cafe Mozart, which not surprisingly plays Mozart music inside. Appetizers include a cheese platter, escargot, and fondue. Entrees are the traditional German dishes including a variety of schnitzels. Don't forget dessert; you'll love the apple strudel, pear frangipane tart, or the gelato.
- Mountain Home Lodge Restaurant : Mountain Home is the number one choice when it comes to fine dining in Leavenworth. This conte mporary restaurant includes fish and steak for dinner with beautiful sides that include asparagus, grilled baby peppers, green beans, and rice. For breakfast, you can enjoy homemade granola and pancakes with huckleberry syrup.
- Pavz Creperie : This European-style restaurant specializes in crepes that are fresh and delicious. You can enjoy breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as dessert. Be sure to try the hazelnut nougat crepe filled with bananas and chocolate with a scoop of ice cream. It's delish!
- Best of the Wurst : For some casual lunch fare, try Best of the Wurst, which claims to have the best bratwurst in the area, and many patrons agree! Other dishes include char-broiled chicken breast and salmon patties as well as French fries and onion rings.
- The Alley Cafe : This restaurant specializes in Italian, but has some German dishes on the menu, which makes for a nice balance for parties that want to mix it up. Appetizers include coconut prawns, bruschetta, and spanokopitas. Entrees include the traditional Italian dishes (ravioli, manicotti, and lasagna) along with schnitzel ala Swiss and bratwurst (the extent of the German dishes).