Voted one of Vermont's top ten winter events, Wassail Weekend invites all those near and far to join in celebration of the holidays. Held annually in Woodstock, Vermont, thousands gather to enjoy the weekend together. Experience a combination of excitement, entertainment, and fun year after year.
2011 CelebrationOn its 28th anniversary, you'll feel cozy and welcome at this small town celebration. Enjoy the comfort of a nearby vacation rental and the welcoming attitudes of the locals December 9 - 11, 2011 . Enter into a winter wonderland, with lights and decorations ornamenting the city streets, as you enjoy this free event.
Things to DoEnjoy the celebration by attending the highlight of the show, the Wassail Weekend Parade , held on Saturday at 2 p.m. With over 50 horseback riders dressed in holiday costumes and lovely singers, you'll have a blast at this parade. Head on down to the Little Theatre afterward with your children for a chance to meet Santa Clause. During your stay, you can also enjoy a tour of Woodstock's historical homes, usually open to self-guided tours, and visit other attractions in the town. The cost of tours varies on location, but can range from completely free to $35. Additional activities include horse tours, children's readings, concerts, craft workshops, a tree lighting ceremony, sleigh rides, and other free and special events.
1890 FarmhouseAs one of the most popular museums in the area, the 1890 farmhouse attracts many throughout the year, especially during Wassail Weekend. With historical significance to the town, come and view the seasonally decorated farmhouse. Admission costs $12 for adults, $11 for seniors, $6 for children ages 5-15, $3 for children ages 3-4, and free for children 2 and under.
Attending the EventYou are sure to have a blast when you attend Wassail Weekend, and here are some tips to help you experience a carefree and enjoyable weekend:
- Make your reservations early and come prepared with a place to stay.
- Book a Woodstock vacation rental for spacious and affordable lodging.
- Dress appropriate for the weather. It's going to be cold outside and, although there are many activities you can participate in that take place indoors, there are plenty of fun activities outdoors such as sleigh rides and the popular parade.
- Visit as many sites and attend as many events as you can so you can experience the magic and everything else Wassail Weekend has to offer.
- Don't forget to bring money for souvenirs, food, and tours.
- Have fun!