Things to do in Scarborough BeachThree miles from Narragansett's city center, you will find Scarborough Beach, where you can enjoy the day in the sun. With so many things to do in Scarborough Beach, Rhode Island, you won't have to find other places to go on your vacation. Stay in a vacation rental along the beach so you can enjoy the sand and warm sun every day of your vacation
This beach is the perfect place to relax. Here are a few things to do in Scarborough Beach:
- Enjoy a refreshing swim in the ocean or simply dip your feet in the water.
- Soak in the sun while you read a book or listen to music and get a tan at the same time.
- Play a game of Frisbee or volleyball in the sand.
- Bring your own picnic or take advantage of the nearby concession stands.
- Take a break from the sand and enjoy your picnic in the grass or on picnic tables.
- If you don't like the water or sand, take a walk along the paved boardwalk and make your way to the observation tower where you can use observation glasses to enjoy the amazing view.
- Take a walk along the trails leading from the north side of the beach to the south side.
Children ActivitiesScarborough Beach's clean environment provides a perfect spot for children to play. The calm water allows them to take a dip without being pounded by waves, but there is still large enough waves for the older ones to boogie board. With a lifeguards present, you can feel more safe about letting your smaller children play in the water. The north side of the beach allows a quiet spot to build a sandcastle, and the sand is soft allowing for easy digging.
More InformationOther than the many things to do in Scarborough Beach, Rhode Island, there are other great things to consider about this beach. This beach contains three bathhouses, which each have a concession stand and are quite close to the beach so you don't have to walk very far for a quick snack. This beach has a smaller entry fee than other beaches around, and you can also buy a season pass if you're planning on coming and going quite often.
Nearby AttractionsIf you're looking for something fun to do after a day on the beach, enjoy a night out at one of Narragansett's many restaurants. Choose from a seafood restaurant such as George's of Galilee or Aunt Carrie's or visit Amalfi Restaurant in order to enjoy a variety of meals from Frech cuisine to Spanish, Italian, and more. Enjoy a meal and live music at The Coast Guard House . You may also have fun with family and friends at The Towers , which is one of Narragansett's casinos.
This beach accommodates everyone from those looking to tan in the sun, swim in the clean water, find a quiet spot to rest, build a sanfcastle, and more. Whatever you're looking to do on the beach, you can find it at Scarborough Beach. Plus, there are plenty of places to party in the area.