Thanksgiving and Holidays in Jackson Hole
Snowflakes and Slopes for the Holidays
Nestled in Wyoming’s northwest is Jackson Hole – a tiny community framed by mountain shadows. The town (which boasts a population of not even 9,000 and claims only three square miles) seems an unlikely destination for travelers; but its spectacular scenery and bold atmosphere instead brand it as an ideal vacation spot.
This winter favorite offers a world-class skiing venue, featuring the United States' most impressive vertical drop and two peaks to explore (which total over 10,000 feet of elevation and 3,000 acres), and there's a lot more in addition to skiing to enjoy on vacation in Jackson Hole during Thanksgiving and the holiday season.
Spend Vacation Among the Peaks
Among the most popular Thanksgiving holiday events in Jackson Hole are:
- The Winter Medalist Series – A season-long concert held at the Performing Arts Pavilion, the Winter Medalist Series features symphony sounds from up-and-coming musicians. It’s perfect for guests craving culture in the West.
- AJ Derosa’s Winter Tours – Winding through the beatific Snake River region, AJ Derosa’s Winter Tours charm guests with authentic sleigh rides. Specialized trips tailored to families and their needs (group size, excursion length, meal requirements and more) allow for unforgettable experiences.
- Jackson Hole Aerial Tram – Providing breathtaking views is the Jackson Hole Aerial Tram. This machine carries guests up the mountains, allowing for over 4,000 feet of exploration. Photographic opportunities will amaze.
- The Crystal Springs Pond Ice Rink – Offering family friendly fun is the Crystal Springs Pond Ice Rink. This massive skating venue allows travelers and their children to indulge in old-fashioned amusement – with public, private and freestyle events planned throughout November.
- Continental Divide Dog Sled Adventures – Capturing the thrill of the West is Continental Divide Dog Sled Adventures. This exhilarating attraction takes guests through nearby Yellowstone, with half-day, full-day and even overnight treks available. Alaskan Racing Huskies brave the November weather, providing quick speeds and undeniable excitement.
Indulge in Wyoming and Plan Ahead
All Thanksgiving holiday events in Jackson Hole are sure to impress, but be aware that snow storms are possible and can affect every attractions and transportation. In winter, Jackson’s population swells to over 16,000, so check out online ticket vendors and expect restaurants and resorts to be popular places during the holidays.
Discover Modern Ease Within the Mountains
The rugged appeal of Jackson Hole is undeniable, and Jackson and Teton Village vacation homes are the best way to enjoy scenic Jackson Hole, with spacious rooms and luxurious amenities allowing for Wild West views without sacrificing modern convenience.