Fun for Everyone or Just for You in Flagstaff, Arizona
If you're planning a trip to Flagstaff, Arizona, you'll be happy to know there is no shortage of fun things to do year-round. Whether you're on a family getaway, a couples retreat, or a solo traveler looking for adventure, Flagstaff is bustling with great restaurants, activities, and sites for everyone.
Family Fun Activities in FlagstaffIf your trip to Flagstaff vacation rentals involves the kids, there are a few must see locations that are perfect for building memories.
- Out of Africa Wildlife Preserve - Grab the kids and head to Out of Africa Wildlife Preserve for an experience that's not like your typical zoo. The Preserve promotes human/animal interaction, and guests can feed a tiger up close and handle giant snakes. Be sure not to miss the 45-minute bush safari in authentic safari vehicles a you observe giraffes, zebra, and other animals up close.
- Walnut Canyon National Monument - Flagstaff mountain rentals are surrounded by beautiful scenery, and Walnut Canyon National Monument is proof of this fact. Once inhabited by cliff-dwelling Native Americans of the area, this attraction is a great place to learn more about the history of Flagstaff. It also boasts hiking trails that will keep the whole family engaged in the activity.
- Lava River Cave - If you're ready for a family adventure, head to Lava River Cave for a spelunking experience that allows you to explore Flagstaff from underground. Be sure to take flashlights!
Couples Retreats in Flagstaff
If you're looking for a romantic getaways, Flagstaff has you covered.
- The Wine Loft - This is a cozy place for couples to get away and sample a wide range of wines. Additionally, couples can enjoy board games and live music while they savor cheese and wine in a relaxed, calm, adult atmosphere that's a nice respite from the noisy bar scene.
- Arizona Snowbowl - Located just outside Flagstaff, couples can take a scenic sky ride and enjoy beautiful views in the summer and early fall. In the winter, Snowbowl is a perfect place to ski or snowboard together and then enjoy hot coffee in the lodge.
- Cottage Place Restaurant - If a romantic dinner is on your list of things to do in Flagstaff, the Cottage Place restaurant is ideal for special occasions or just a fancy dinner to spoil her. Exotic dishes and fine wine make the Cottage Place stand out.
Going Solo in FlagstaffEven if you find yourself in Flagstaff on a solo trip, there's plenty to do.
- The Yoga Experience - If you have a few hours to yourself, head to the Yoga Experience in downtown Flagstaff to practice or learn yoga. The studio offers a wide range of classes and different types of yoga, from beginner to advanced participants.
- Simply Delicious Cafe - A local favorite, this is a great spot to go solo or with friends and sample the extensive menu. The atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming, the perfect place after a busy day at a work conference or a Saturday afternoon lunch.
Flagstaff has something for everyone, from outdoor adventures with the family to cozy spots for couples. Whether you're visiting Flagstaff, Arizona in the summer or in the middle of the winter, there is no shortage of things to see and do.