Best Hawaii New Year’s Eve Destinations and Celebrations
Tropical Places and Parties to Toast the New Year
You can spend New Year’s Eve in warm weather and viewing tropical scenery. Celebrations are often more fun in Hawaii and plenty of Hawaiian destinations host everything from parties to fireworks. New Year’s Eve in Hawaii will consist of gorgeous weather, breathtaking views and lively galas. Many residents and travelers recognize the following as their favorite Hawaii New Year’s Eve destinations.
- Aloha Tower Marketplace Entertainment and Fireworks - The celebrations at Aloha Tower start at 7:00 p.m. and end around 2:00 a.m., and multiple stages host live music during the course of the event. Face painting, giveaways and balloon animals are just a few of the fun features. Aloha Tower restaurants, such as Chai Island Bistro will offer special dining packages on New Year’s Eve and the evening will conclude with a spectacular fireworks show.
- Midnight on Starlet Cocktail and Dance Cruise - Romantic and enjoyable, the cruise from the Star of Honolulu cruise line features live music and dancing. You’ll also get a champagne toast and party favors. The cruise culminates with stunning views of the pyrotechnics at Aloha Tower.
- Wet ‘N’ Wild New Year’s Eve Fireworks and Family Celebration - While enjoying the 25 water park rides on New Year’s Eve, you can jam to live music, too. The evening comes to an end with a dazzling fireworks display.
Maui New Year’s Eve Celebrations
- Grand Wailea Resort New Year’s Eve Party and Fireworks Display - The hotel plays host to a wonderful, full-tilt celebration at its Bistro Molokini. Dinner, dancing and live music are a just a sample of what to expect. Ring in the New Year with a huge pyrotechnics show at the end of the evening.
- New Year’s Eve Cruise on the Pride of Maui - Embark on an exciting catamaran journey on the Pride of Maui in Maalaea Bay. Dinner choices are chicken breast and prime rib. Live entertainment and dancing will also be available and a large fireworks display takes place at midnight.
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel's New Year’s Eve Party - One of the main events at Kaanapali Beach Hotel is the upscale dinner at Tiki Terrace. Another option is to eat at the Kupanaha Magic Show Dinner Theater, where the party starts at 8:30 p.m. and ends around 1:00 a.m.
- Mulligan’s Pub New Year’s Eve Party - Live music provides an upbeat atmosphere at the pub’s New Year’s party, and you can grab a bite or two at the pub’s buffet. One of the highlights is being able to see the fireworks over Wailea while you have your midnight toast.
- Pacific Whale Foundation New Year’s Eve Cruises - Whale watching and panoramic marine scenery are the main events at this celebration. Cocktails are included as well.
Big Island New Year’s Eve Event
- New Year Mochi Pounding - If you want to experience Hawaiian culture first-hand, attend the Mochi Pounding. You’ll learn to make rice cakes using traditional pounding at this annual event, and local elders will share their stories throughout the pounding.
The Place to Be on Kauai New Year’s Eve
- Poipu Beach Fireworks Display - Poipu Beach hosts an enormous fireworks display every New Year’s Eve with a show starting at 10:00 p.m.