Ranked by Forbes Magazine as the fifth best outdoor city in the United States, Tampa, Fla., has unlimited options when it comes to planning a trip full of adventure and excitement.
Whether it is spending a day riding the twists and turns of the exhilarating Cheetah Hunt roller coaster at Busch Gardens, observing exotic animals at Lowry Park Zoo or experiencing some of the finest rock beats at the Green Iguana, Tampa is a place where unlimited fun is always just around the corner.
- Tampa is a place where thrill seekers and leisure enthusiasts unite, and no matter what your holiday preference consists of, this city can offer plenty of choices to accommodate your traveling requirements. Busch Gardens Theme Park in Tampa Bay is a great place to bring the family for an action-packed day of spiraling roller coasters like the Python, slipping down the twisting water slides of Adventure Island and witnessing safari animals like giraffes and cheetahs up close and personal.
- Unveil your inner pirate on Captain Memo's Original Pirate Cruise, where you will sail the seas in an authentic pirate ship with tons of fun-filled activities ranging from treasure hunts to squirt gun fights fit for a true swashbuckler to live music.
- The city's vibrant side comes alive at the Tampa Museum of Art, where hundreds of coveted paintings and showcases are always on display. The museum's modern art collection includes pieces from modern greats like painted Chuck Close and photographer Cindy Sherman, and is a favorite of many locals.
Things To Do
- If you are in dire need of some shopping, you'll need to stroll around the International Plaza and Bay Street, where high-end designer clothing outlets and upscale luxury dining go hand in hand at stores like Louis Vuitton and Nordstrom. Hyde Park Village and the SoHo District are two nearby neighbourhoods renown for their clothing boutiques, art galleries and extravagant architecture, apparent at shops like Inkwood Books and the Mosh Posh Designer Cosigner of South Tampa. The Channelside Bay Plaza is another staple in Tampa shopping and dining that lights up the downtown skyline at night.
- Sports fans will rejoice with Tampa's three professional teams in football, baseball and hockey. Pigskin fans can hit the gridiron with the home to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, while Tropicana Field provides a perfect spot to enjoy the summer weather and baseball. In winter, make sure to grab your coat and hit the ice with the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- The Gasparilla Pirate Festival, is an annual celebration of swashbuckling in January and February that includes street parades and music festivals as well as an exuberant amount of plastic swords and eye patches.
Where to Eat
The array of incredible dishes and world class cuisine in Tampa makes it a culinary mecca for those hoping to devour some savory edibles.
- The salivating combination of ham, salami, roasted pork and swiss cheese provides the blueprint of a Cuban sandwich, a signature Tampa recipe that needs to be tasted at Carmine's in Ybor City.
- Elevage in the SoHo dining district is an ideal date night spot that boasts a menu filled with eye-catching dishes such as Monkfish Schnitzel, goat cheese with roasted tomatoes and the aptly titled, Duck, Duck, Goose burger.
- Ocean Prime off of West Shore Boulevard features a selection of the finest cuts of seafood, steak and premium cocktails Tampa has to offer.
There are also a wide variety of vacation rentals and housing accommodations perfect for your next holiday to Tampa, with private beaches, historic bungalows and even luxury treehouses available year round. These are just a few of the attractions, events and offerings that make Tampa an incredible place to travel to and spark some excitement for your next trip.