1. Haunted Hay RideSeveral Halloween attractions in Panama City Beach provide great entertainment for kids. One of them is the Haunted Hay Ride, held on October 28 and 29 in Bay County Parks (in the Upper Grand Lagoon area). There are 20 spooky sites planted along the path of the hay ride that progresses through the park's walking trail and into the depths of the woods.
2. Halloween DanceNot all of the tricks and treats are for kids in Panama City Beach. The local Senior Center is holding a Halloween Dance on October 29. There will be fortune telling, treasure hunts, dancing, and light refreshments. Costumes are welcome but not required to attend the dance. Tickets can be purchased in advance.
3. Boo at the BeachEnjoy the beautiful Florida October weather with the family-friendly Boo at the Beach event. Scheduled for October 29 at Pier Park (in the El Centro Beach area), this event includes spooky stories, pumpkin carving, face painting, and a costume contest. For arts and crafts and more, bring your little ones to this community event. Scheduled from 10 a.m. to noon, this is a fun activity during the day before all of the trick-or-treating.
4. Maze of TerrorFor some travelers, no Halloween would be complete with a bone-chilling walk through a haunted house. If you're planning a visit to Panama City Beach, you will find this experience at the Maze of Terror. Held on October 21-22 and October 28-30, this is a 6,000 square foot haunted house that is not appropriate for children. Another option for a local haunted house is called the Haunted Market .
5. Scarecrow FestivalOne of the ongoing events around Halloween in Panama City Beach is the Scarecrow Festival. Scheduled for October 19-30, this family-friendly event includes trick-or-treating, games, storytelling and, as the name might suggest, a scarecrow contest. Located in the historic St. Andrews community, this festival offers the chance to check out a different area in Panama City Beach too.
6. Ghost Walk and History TourMany ghost stories have an historic element to them. On October 8, explore local history with a spooky twist at Camp Helen State Park. This tour is appropriate for kids and includes storytelling and costumes. Kids are encouraged to wear their costumes and get in the Halloween spirit. Remember to bring a flashlight.
7. Halloween NightlifeAdults looking for a place to party for Halloween will have many choices in Panama City Beach. One of the most famous annual parties takes place at Schooners , a beach club known for its costume party and impressive decorations. Other annual Halloween parties are held at Spinnaker Beach Club (where part of the proceeds are donated to charity) and the Panama Country Club.
PCB Vacation Rentals for HalloweenThe best way to live it up in Panama City Beach for Halloween is with vacation rentals. Pick a rental right on the beach and enjoy a lot of space for not a lot of money. Rentals are ideal for putting the finishing touches on your costume and getting ready to enjoy the local activities. After a long day of haunted houses and trick-or-treating, a spacious and comfortable vacation rental is the perfect place to relax for an evening.
We hope we've helped you discover what to do on Halloween in Panama City Beach - now it's time to book your stay, and plan your trip!