Destin Waterfront Dining
Few visitors can resist the temptations offered by the wide selection of Destin waterfront dining as a wonderful vacation indulgence. With the variety of these Destin, Florida restaurants offering waterfront dining, visitors will find the perfect place to eat, whether it is a quiet, romantic evening for two, or great food on a budget.
Romantic Destin Waterfront Dining
- Marina Café – This is one of Destin’s award-winning restaurants offering the very best in contemporary dining, with excellent service. The harbor-side location features a 30-foot window providing stunning views, and the menu offers local seafood and terrific sushi dishes, with an impressive wine list. The Marina Café is located on the harbor.
- Lucky Snapper Grill & Bar – With its views of Destin Harbor, diners can relax, watch the boats and enjoy seeing the local fishermen returning with their catch. It is a great place for either lunch or dinner. It also offers free wi-fi access for diners. The Lucky Snapper is located on Harbor Boulevard, next to the Destin Bridge.
- Bud & Alley’s – Voted one of Florida’s top-20 restaurants, Bud & Alley’s features delightful dishes, locally sourced. It includes a taco bar, pizza bar and a deck bar on the roof. The restaurant is set among the sand dunes on East County Road.
Destin Waterfront Dining for Families
- AJ’s Seafood & Oyster Bar – This terrific, family-friendly restaurant is situated right in the heart of the busy dock area, about a quarter of a mile from the Destin Bridge on Harbor Boulevard. In such an ideal location, it has both indoor and outdoor dining areas, free parking and it is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Outside features a tiki village with live music, frozen drinks and its own ice cream booth. For families, there is a kids’ club and a variety of events through the season.
- Crap Trap – Located on Scenic Highway 98 at James Lee Park, this restaurant is popular with locals and visitors. People come for the excellent seafood, tiki bar, and spectacular location. The menu features specialties, such as bronzed grouper and grilled fillet of Alaskan Crab legs. Children get their own menu, along with crayons, to keep them occupied. It is perfect for lunch or dinner after a day on the beach.
- Fishbar – On Harbor Boulevard, Fishbar is, as its name implies, a great seafood restaurant. It is open for brunch and dinner, with a wide variety of delightful dishes.
Unique Destin Restaurants
- SunQuest Dining Cruise – For a different type of waterfront dining, take a dinner cruise from the Baytowne Marina. Here, visitors can dine, dance and enjoy three hours of total indulgence with great food and romantic, live music.
- Poppy’s Seafood Factory – With separate family and adult-only dining areas, Poppy’s is perfect for both couples and families. The menu features Caribbean and Creole food and, naturally, local coastal dishes. To discover the delights of Poppy’s, head to Fisherman’s Cove.
- Hammerhead’s Bar & Grille – It is not often that a restaurant welcomes dogs, but Hammerhead’s goes even further. They have their own menu, including dog biscuit appetizers and porterhouse steaks. For humans, this casual, family-friendly restaurant features an open grill, steamed seafood in buckets, great burgers, and traditional dishes, such as clam chowder and seafood gumbo. For adults, they offer a wide selection of specialty cocktails and beers, along with live music. Find Hammerhead’s on Fisherman’s Cove.