There is much to discover among the eastern coast and vacationers wish to sample it all, with the things to do in Virginia Beach, Virginia able to intrigue all interests,as well as the need for comfort. Rental properties are centered within the area, offering easy miles to all attractions and far easier luxury. The accommodations are spacious, the surroundings are private, and the amenities are many. Variety is guaranteed.
Check out our full list of Virginia Beach attractions below this guide.
Contemporary Art Center of VirginiaDiscover culture at the Contemporary Art Center of Virginia. This impressive facility offers the city's best design experiences, emphasizing the modern mediums of glasswork, metallic sculpturing, photography and more. It spans almost 40,000 square feet and houses dynamic exhibitions. Galleries are ever-changing, with new pieces offered often, and special events are held within the halls. It's a can't-miss destination. The Contemporary Art Center of Virginia is open all year (but is closed each Monday). No reservations are needed and admission is free.
Legends WalkWander among the bold and the brave at the Legends Walk. This attraction is one of the city's most unexpected (branding it among the most essential of things to do in Virginia Beach, Virginia). Journey to the past without leaving the present. The Legends Walk is a pathway framed by the Atlantic Ocean. Spaced along its concrete paths are countless statues, each portraying a famed Virginian. Individuals like Cyrus McCormick, Robert E. Lee, Ella Fitzgerald and Pocahontas are represented in brilliant detail. It's a must-see for history enthusiasts. Legends Walk is open all year, and there are no admission fees.
Virginia Beach Amusement ParkFind family thrills at the Virginia Beach Amusement Park. Tucked along the Boardwalk, this intimate park is a favorite among locals and travelers alike. It features a small, but exciting, collection of rides and carnival games.
Challenge the summer on the Skyscraper, which tosses individuals over 165 feet into the air. Take a leisurely ride on the Ferris Wheel. Enjoy the quick turns of the Music Express. There's much to try. The Virginia Beach Amusement Park is open all year. All should note the popularity of this location, however, and should be prepared to battle the crowds. Be certain to have a vacation rental property nearby to escape the chaos when the day is through. Private rooms will be a worthy compensation.
Mystery Dinner PlayhouseIndulge in decadence at the Mystery Dinner Playhouse. One of Virginia Beach's best beloved institutions, this theater offers Broadway worthy performances and four course dining. Enjoy hearty flavors (with the expansive menu certain to please even the most fickle of tastes). Watch murders unfold from the comfort of your table, and even become part of the plots, gathering clues and offering laughter. The evening is certain to please. The Mystery Dinner Playhouse is open throughout the year. Reservations are required and should be made at least one month in advance. Note that this is a participatory event. All guests will be expected to assist with the show.
Diversity should be part of all vacations. The endless things to do in Virginia Beach, Virginia allow that diversity to become a reality; and the many available rental properties make that reality unforgettable.
Virginia Beach Attractions
- Military Aviation Museum 1341 Princess Anne Road, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 721-7767, militaryaviationmuseum.org
- Contemporary Art Museum of Virginia 2200 Parks Avenue, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 425-0000, cacv.org
- Virginia Aquarium & Marine Center 717 General Booth Boulevard, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 385-7777, virginiaaquarium.com
- Old Coast Guard Station 2401 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 422-1587 · oldcoastguardstation.com
- Edgar Cayce's A.R.E. Association for Research and Enlightenment 215 67th Street, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 428-3588, edgarcayce.org
- Atlantic Wildfowl Heritage Museum 1113 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 437-8432, awhm.org
- Hell's Point Golf Club 2700 Atwoodtown Road, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 721-3400, hellspoint.com
- Cypress Point Country Club 5340 Club Head Road, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 490-6300, cypresspointgolf.com
- Jungle Golf 302 22nd St, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 425-7240, junglegolf.com
- Virginia Beach National Golf Club Virginia Beach National Golf Club 2500 Tournament Drive, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 563-9440, vbnational.com
- Heron Ridge Golf Course 2973 Heron Ridge Drive, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 426-3800, heronridge.com
- Red Wing Golf Course 1144 Prosperity Rd, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 437-2039, redwinglakegolf.com
- Owl's Creek Family Golf Center 411 South Birdneck Road, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 428-2800, golfhamptonroads.net
- Ocean Breeze Waterpark 849 General Booth Blvd, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 422-4444, oceanbreezewaterpark.com
- Motor World 700 South Birdneck Road, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 422-6419, vbmotorworld.com
- Hunt Club Farm 2388 London Bridge Road, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 427-9520, huntclubfarm.com
- Virginia Beach Amusemeent Park 233 15th Street, Virginia Beach VA
- Corner 24 Surf Shop 211 24th Street, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 428-3389, corner24online.com
- Lynnhaven Mall 701 Lynnhaven Parkway, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 306-4051, lynnhavenmall.com
Parks and Wildlife
- First Landing State Park 2500 Shore Drive, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 412-2300, dcr.virginia.gov
- Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge 4005 Sandpiper Rd, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 721-2412
- Owl Creek Virginia Beach VA 23451
- Mount Trashmore 310 Edwin Drive, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 473-5237
- Virginia Beach Fishing Pier 1506 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 428-2333
- Legends Walk Virginia Beach, VA 23451
- Old Cape Henry Lighthouse 583 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 422-9421, apva.org
- Lynnhaven House 4409 Wishart Road, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 460-7109, virginiabeachhistory.org
- Francis Land House 3131 Virginia Beach Boulevard, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 385-5100
- Ferry Plantation House 1101 Ferry Plantation Rd, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 499-3788, haygoodhallsapartments.com
- Adam Thoroughgood House 1636 Parish Road, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 385-5100
- Mystery Dinner Playhouse 1900 Pavilion Drive, Virginia Beach VA, (888) 471-4802, mysterydinner.com
- Angelos Murder Mystery Dinner Theater 2809 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 425-0347, maverickmurdermystery.com
- Virginia Beach Convention Center 1000 19th St, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 385-2000, vabeachrestaurants.net
- Flowering Almond Spa Regent University, Virginia Beach VA, 23464
- Best Body Spa 700 19th Street, Virginia Beach VA, (757) 428-2639, thebestbodyco.com