After reading this guide, check out our full list of Ocean City, MD attractions - with location and contact info - below.
Stay ActiveThere are so many things to do in Ocean City, Maryland, you might wonder how people spend all day sitting on the beach? You can work on your golden tan while riding bikes down the Ocean City Boardwalk or spending the day on a boat fishing or crabbing. Maryland is known for its famous crabs, so even if you don't have any luck catching them, be sure to order them at a local restaurant.
Many potential visitors only think of Ocean City as a beach destination, but the truth is it is a haven for golfers as well. With 17 courses in close proximity to Ocean City, you will have a long list of options to choose from. Many are even kid-friendly, like Lost Treasure Golf . It is possible to play a different course every day of your vacation! Whether you spend your day sport-fishing or kayaking off the coast, there are many ways to stay active during your trip.
All Types of EntertainmentEvery traveler has his or her own idea of entertainment; what's yours? Whether you love karaoke, comedy shows, or sunset boat rides, you will find something appeal on a list of Ocean City, MD things to do. Visitors planning a romantic getaway might want to take advantage of local spas or book a table at one of the restaurants known for haute cuisine ( Jules Restaurant is a favorite). If you want to hit the town, Ocean City is seriously known for its nightlife. Get ready to dance the night away.
Ocean City isn't all about partying though. Whether you're serious about bird watching, photography, or developing your skee-ball skills, you can take some time for your hobby during a trip to Ocean City. Travelers in need of a little retail therapy will find plenty of shopping choices here too; be sure to leave some extra room in your suitcase.
Family FriendlySome parents might be worried that most of the things to do in Ocean City, Maryland are designed more for adults than kids. While there's definitely a good deal of golf, spas, and nightlife here, there is also a wide range of choices for kids. Like the Jolly Roger Amusement Park , Frontier Town , Ripley's Believe It or Not! , and Trimper's Rides and Amusement Park ... just to name a few! Spend the day playing miniature golf, witness how the beach is turned into an outdoor movie theater at night, or let them play a few extra arcade games on the Boardwalk - they've earned it.
More family-friendly Ocean City, MD things to do include a parents-and-kids beach Olympics , seafood shacks where you can practice bashing open crabs together, or taking a short daytrip to go see the wild horses in Assateague . Another fact that might be important to parents is that the beaches here are very safe, and lifeguards keep a close watch on your little ones.
Now that you're daydreaming about all the things to do in Ocean City, Maryland, start daydreaming about a vacation rental too. There are beach rentals here to fit every budget, whether you're a family looking for an oceanfront option or a group of friends hoping to travel on a budget. Don't spend your summer vacation in a crowded hotel room; this season is the perfect time to make the most of the convenience and comfort of a rental.
Your Ocean City, MD Vacation Rental
Ocean City MD Attractions
- Trimper's Rides and Amusement Parks S 1st St & the Boardwalk, Ocean City MD, (410) 289-861, trimpersrides.com
- Ocean Bowl Skate Park 200 125th Street, Ocean City MD, (410) 289-2695
- Frontier Town 8428 Stephen Decatur Highway, Berlin MD, (410) 641-069, frontiertown.com
- Ripley's Believe It Or Not! 401 South Atlantic Avenue, Ocean City MD, (410) 289-5600, oceancity.ripleys.com
- Planet Maze & Laser Storm 3305 Coastal Highway, Ocean City MD, (410) 524-4386, planetmaze.com
- Baja Amusements 12639 Ocean Gateway, Ocean City MD, (410) 213-2252, bajaoc.com
- Family Beach Olympics June 28 - August 9 2011, Beach at 27th Street, (800) 626-2326, oceancitymd.gov/Recreation_and_Parks/specialevents.html
- Ocean City Pier Rides 401 South Atlantic Avenue, Ocean City MD, (410) 289-3031, jollyrogerpark.com
- Carousel Ice Skating Rink 11700 Coastal Highway # 1, Ocean City MD, (410) 524-1000, carouselhotel.com
- Jolly Roger Amusement Park 2901 Philadelphia Ave, Ocean City MD, (410) 289-9100, jollyrogerpark.com
- Northside Park 200 125th Street, Ocean City MD, (410) 250-0125
- Assateague Island Pony Watching Tours 1-866-766-9794, assateagueisland.com/explorer.htm
- Ocean City Life-Saving Museum 813 S Atlantic Ave, Ocean City MD, (410) 289-4991, ocmuseum.org
- Wheels of Yesterday 12708 Ocean Gtwy, Ocean City MD, (410) 213-7329
- Ellen Rice Gallery 103 Atlantic Ave, Ocean View DE, (302) 539-3405, ellenrice.com
- Fox Gold Coast Mall 11301 Coastal Highway, Ocean City MD, (410) 213-1505
- Ocean City Outlets Ste 603, 12741 Ocean Gtwy, Ocean City MD, (410) 213-7711, ocfactoryoutlets.com
- Ocean City Skydiving Center 12724 Airport Road, Berlin MD, (410) 213-1319, skydiveoc.com
- Old Pro Golf 6801 Coastal Highway, Ocean City MD, (443) 664-6860, oldprogolf.com
- Lost Treasure Golf 13903 Coastal Highway, Ocean City MD, (410) 250-5678, losttreasuregolf.com
- Nutter's Crossing Golf Club 30287 Southampton Bridge Road, Salisbury MD, (410) 860-4653, nutterscrossing.com