Take a look at some of the things that make Ocean City summer vacations a fabulous experiences for everyone.
Summer vacations are the time of year every family looks forward to; no work and no school. Ocean City has a wide variety of activities geared toward families. These are just a few ways OC does family fun:
For Families and Kids
- Ocean City's beaches are great fun when mixed purely with your child's imagination, but add weekly events and the beach becomes a magical, sandy adventure land. Tote a blanket to the free movie nights, dance to free live musical performances on the shore, or take part in the Family Beach Olympics . Best sandcastle? Tug of war? Ready, set, go!
- Who doesn't love rides? The Ferris Wheel will show you a panoramic view of OC, get chills from the roller coaster, take a spin in the go-karts, and hop aboard a horse or a lion at Trimper's Carousel , one of the oldest in the U.S., for a slower paced ride beneath the stars. Find more amusements at Jolly Roger's Amusement Park and other near family-oriented Ocean City attractions.
- You won't hear many complaints of boredom after you've stepped back in time to the Wild West and are witnessing a bank robbery at Frontier Town .
- Discover the strange and insane at Ripley's Believe It or Not and neighboring Mirror Maze .
- Join a crew of pirates aboard their newly commandeered ship at Pirate Adventures ; they'll paint your child's face, too.
For AdultsOcean City summer vacations don't always have to involve the kids; there's plenty of fun for the over-18 crowd to have at OC.
- Just outside Ocean City is the Casino at Ocean Downs , open 365 days a year into the wee hours of the morning. Along with virtual, real, and video games of chance, the Casino has over 750 slot machines, and hosts 40 days of harness racing for even more betting thrills. Two restaurants offer delicious cuisine from breakfast to dinner and drinks.
- Swimming is a great all ages activity, but for more grown up excitement, rent jet skis and fly through the water, go parasailing and get a bird's eye view, hop aboard waverunners and race to the finish line, get your friends together for a speedboat tour, or relax with drinks on an unhurried sailboat cruise.
- Ocean City has 17 championship golf courses, designed by the likes of Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player, and talked about in Golf Digest and Golfweek. Even if you have a fleeting interest in golf, the courses in OC will make a fanatic out of you, and more than please those who already know a thing or two. Bayside Resort Golf Club is a luxurious Jack Nicklaus signature course, and Eagle's Landing is a certified Audubon Sanctuary.
Stick Around, Beach StyleIf you want to have a real beach style summer vacation in Ocean City, forgo the hotels and check out a vacation rental. With lots of elbow room and privacy, vacation rentals are like bringing the best parts of home with you. Once the kids have gone to bed, you can cozy up and listen to the sounds of the ocean.
What do you think of Ocean City summer vacations now? Fantastic memories? You bet.