Things to do in Ocean City with Children
Ocean City, Maryland is a beautiful resort town sprawling along the North Atlantic Ocean. Also referred to as OC or OCMD, Ocean City is a fabulous place to make vacation memories with your family, and the things to do in Ocean City, MD with children are limited only by your or their imaginations. From amusement parks to The Pier, salt water taffy to Boardwalk fries, Ocean City is the perfect place for the single-digit crowd to have the time of their lives.
At the Ocean City BoardwalkDubbed one of the greatest boardwalks in America, Ocean City's historic style wooden boardwalk is a visual feast for children, not lacking in fun things to grab their attention. While the extensive shopping may capture you more than them, your kids will love the delicious foods, sweet treats, live performances, games, arcades, and the panoramic views atop the Ferris wheel.
At the BeachWhen it comes to things to do in Ocean City, MD with children, the beach will never disappoint! After sandcastles, swimming, and snacks, try these activities:
- The Family Beach Olympics is a free event held on Tuesday evenings on the 27th Street Beach. Activities include tug of war, sandcastle building contests, and relay games.
- Bring blankets and chairs and enjoy a free concert on the beach. Each Wednesday night, live bands perform as the sun sets over the ocean. Kids will love to dance to the music and feel the sand in their toes!
Kid-Style RecreationPint size visitors have a bevy of fun and exciting recreational activities to choose from. A few favorites for the younger crowd include:
- Assateague Island and its famous wild ponies are just nine miles from Ocean City. Kids can explore the trails and see how many ponies, foxes, birds, and deer they can spot.
- Young fishermen (and women) can bring their rod and reel and take part in the fabulous fishing OC offers. You can prep the catch of the day in the kitchen of your vacation rental.
- Monday and Friday nights on the beach are Free Family Movie Nights . Bring a blanket and some Boardwalk treats and enjoy a family-friendly flick beside the ocean.
Kid-Friendly EntertainmentOcean City isn't lacking when it comes to keeping kids entertained, as you can see from the following examples:
- Frontier Town Western Park will thrill the whole family with its live Wild West shows, gunfights, stagecoach rides, and Native American dancing - you may even witness a jail break!
- Ripley's Believe It or Not , Ripley's Marvelous Mirror Maze , and Candy Factory will keep kids entertained for hours. The oddities at Ripley's Believe It or Not will enthrall and maybe even revolt, while Ripley's Mirror Maze presents a reflective challenge with sound and lighting effects.
- Sundaes in the Park is a delicious event for families. Bring a few beach chairs and enjoy creating delectable sundaes and live entertainment with gorgeous views of Assawoman Bay.
- Trimper's Carousel is the oldest continuously operating carousel in America, and the perfect way to end a day of sun-filled frolics at OC.
You'll quickly discover that, with all of the great things to do in Ocean City, MD with children, it's just as much fun for you as it is for them! At the end of a day full of great activities, relax in your own vacation rental, the perfect accommodation option for families' and watch your little ones sleep soundly; they did have a busy day after all!