St Augustine Nights of Lights
The St Augustine Nights of Lights is a two month-long holiday celebration held in one of the oldest cities in the country. Named one of the top 100 events in North America, the celebration displays millions of white lights to create a magical atmosphere and light up downtown St Augustine. The celebration also provides the thousands of visitors with fun and exciting events that keep them coming back year after year.
2014/2014 EventHeading into its 21th year, the St Augustine Nights of Lights will be held from November 22, 2014 to January 31, 2015 . Coinciding with this special, vibrant time of year for St Augustine, are annual events like the St Augustine Half Marathon Weekend beginning Nov 14th, Uptown Saturday Night (featuring art galleries and antique shops) on Nov 29th, and the Candlelight Tours of Villa Zorayda beginning after the Thanksgiving holiday.
Scheduled ActivitiesAlong with these nightly activities, there are special events scheduled throughout the course of the celebration. Take pleasure in St Augustine vacation rental lodging as you make your way to St Augustine this holiday season and stay several nights to enjoy the fun. Scheduled events in 2014 included:
- Light Up! Night : Hosted by the mayor at the Plaza de la Constitucion - Nov 24 is when the Christmas tree and all the other festival lights are "flicked on." On Dec 6, you can see a similar event called Surf Illumination over at St Augustine Beach.
- Grande Illumination : Christmas parade and singalong the first weekend of December.
- Santa's Big Red Train Tour : Enjoy the spectacular, kid-friendly tour.
- Holiday Tour of Homes : Take a tour of Florida's beautiful and outstanding homes. Second weekend of December.
- Luminary Night at St Augustine Lighthouse : Take advantage of this free event on Dec 3rd for a wonderful view of the lights from the tower.
- Regatta of Lights : Dec 13th. This holiday boat parade features a fantastic procession of illuminated and brilliantly decorated boats. Awards will be given to best entries.
- Old Town Art and Craft Show : This magnificent show is free.
- Beach Blastoff : At St Augustine Beach, enjoy fireworks, ice carving, and live music.
Things to Do
As you attend the St Augustine Nights of Lights you will find plenty of activities to participate in every night. You can enjoy Nights of Lights tours along the river for a remarkable view of the lights or ride on the Holley Jolly Holiday Trolley . Delight in a spectacular bird's eye view of the lights on a helicopter ride and participate in other nightly activities such as art shows, ice skating, shopping events, concerts, holiday treats, and much more.
*Banner Image from Peter Brown