The 10 Best Things in Beaver Creek
Beaver Creek, Colorado is a beautiful area. Created specifically for being an ideal vacation rental destination, the mountain town will provide you with something new, exciting, and always worth the trip no matter what time of year you visit. While you're there, enjoy the 10 best things in Beaver Creek on vacation.
1. SnowThe snow in Beaver Creek is spectacular. With over 300 inches of annual snowfall and over 140 trails covering 1,800 acres of mountain, this is the perfect destination for the skier, snowboarder and snowman maker. From easy to triple black diamond, Beaver Creek's slopes have what you want. The resort also has freestyle locations and training classes.
2. GolfWithin five miles of the heart of Beaver Creek there are seven golf courses. The Beaver Creek Golf Club is open to the public and boasts 18 holes, a par 70 and 6,646 yards of playing course. Designed by Robert Trent Jones, Jr., this blue-grass course has a 69.2 course rating and a 133 slope rating. The other area courses have similar features and challenges.
3. RestaurantsDining experiences can make or break your vacation. Beaver Creek will take your food experiences to a new level. Many well-known restaurants are nearby when you want something familiar, but be sure to enjoy the local one-of-a-kind eateries located throughout the resort. Beanos Cabin includes a horse ride to the restaurant, Mamie's Mountain Grill is at the top of Bachelor Gulch express lift, and the Beaver Creek Chophouse will give you a taste of the Rockies.
4. BicyclingMany roads and paths offer special routes for bicyclists. You can cycle along paved routes or take advantage of mountain bike trails. Locals offer guided tours, and many will show you their favorite spots in the Rockies.
5. Gondola/Chairlift RidesDuring the warmer months, the Gondola/Chairlift rides are breathtaking. Take the Centennial Chairlift to the restaurant at the top and enjoy 18 holes of Disc Golf on the mountain before riding back down.
6. FishingKnown for incredible trout, the cool fresh waters of the Rocky Mountains are right at your fingertips. With both private and public waters to choose from, you are sure to come out on top. You should consider a local tour with fly-fishing lessons to increase your odds of catching dinner.
7. HikingSmall loop trails and long day trips await your journey, making Beaver Creek perfect for your hike no matter what level of exercise you can handle. The adventuresome should summit the 14,000-foot peak and place their names among a small percentage of people to accomplish this task.
8. Jeep and Hummer ToursExperience the Rockies the easy way. See clear lakes and white Aspen trees as you drive to high altitudes. Tours can quickly take you to remote destinations that would take you a full day of hiking to reach.
9. AutumnEach year in the fall, the aspen leaves signal the change of the season. Large patches of gold leaves among strong evergreens paint the mountainside in vibrant colors. Walk among the fields of aspens and admire the way the leaves glisten in the sun.
10. RelaxationPamper yourself at one of the award-winning spas at Beaver Creek. The options are almost endless. One thing is for sure, whatever you indulge yourself in for relaxation, you will walk away a new person.
Beaver Creek is a destination that wants to serve and reward its visitors. When you leave Beaver Creek, you may be checking to see how soon you can come back for another visit.