Inside the Aspen Food and Wine Classic
Taste the Best of the Rockies this Summer
When the snow melts, winter athletes depart Aspen, Colorado as the foodies descend on this vacation hot spot to savor their favorite delicacies at the Aspen Food and Wine Classic. Each June, this lovely mountain area comes alive with wine tastings, cooking demonstrations, and a chance to learn a thing or two from your favorite culinary expert. Sponsored by Food & Wine magazine, this annual gathering of world-renowned chefs, master vintners, and top-rated vendors always satisfies the cravings of the large crowd that arrives each year. Vacation in Aspen, and experience all that this event has to offer, here's a little more information about next year's event:
Aspen Food and Wine Classic 2012
The next event will be held from June 15th through June 17th for a full weekend of mouth-watering exhibitions. To honor the 30th anniversary of this exciting event, the organizers responsible for this exciting food and wine fair have already started lining up the best names in the culinary world to make this the most exciting and engaging celebration of food and wine Aspen has ever seen. The only problem you'll have is that the promoters have booked so many interesting speakers that you'll never have time to see them all! In fact, some time slots are jam-packed with choices. To make sure you don't miss the presentations you're most interested in, start planning your itinerary now.
The Schedule for 2012
The schedule for the 2012 Aspen Food and Wine Classic is too full to list everything, but here are a few examples to pique your interest:
- Sexy Vegetable Dishes featuring Jose Andres
- Greek at Home featuring Michael Symon
- Sustainable Delicious featuring Michel Nischan
- Grilling Master Class featuring Tim Love
- Top Chef: Salty & Sweet featuring Tom Colicchio & Gail Simmons
- Spanish Grapes: Hot Red & Cool White featuring Marnie Old
- Great Grenache Smackdown featuring Anthony Giglio
- Bling vs. Bargain: Guess the Wine Price featuring Belinda Chang
- Wine Pairing Tricks of the Trade featuring Andrea Robinson
- Extreme Wines featuring Paul Grieco
Each tasting will feature at least three speakers from the fair's list of wine experts.
- Three Decades of Champagnes Salon and Delamotte
- Cult Cabernet Favorite Colgin Cellars
- A Coulee de Serrant Retrospective with Nicolas Joly
- The Extraordinary Wines of Sassacaia
- A Napa Valley Superstar: Hundred Acre
While it's great to watch the cooking demonstrations and savor a fine wine, no one can find themselves surrounded by the aroma of the world's best dishes without wanting just a taste. Each day, the Aspen Food & Wine Classic satisfies this desire during the Grand Tasting. Reserve a spot on your itinerary for this popular event so that you don't forget!
Enjoy All that Aspen has to Offer
A food and wine event is all about the finer things in life. To take full advantage of this thought, rent a luxurious vacation rental home in Aspen. This choice will allow you to come and go as you please at the festival in addition to enjoying the rest of Aspen at your leisure.
If you're planning a trip to Colorado in the coming year, why not time it so you can attend this celebration of gourmet food and fine wine? Your palate and your stomach will thank you!