What to Do in Estes Park
Things To Do in Estes Park
Estes Park, Colorado, is set amidst the beauty and serenity of the Rocky Mountains and Rocky Mountain National Park. Whether you're traveling alone or with family visiting Estes Park in the summer or the winter, there is no shortage of things to do during your visit to Estes Park.
Summer in the SunEstes Park in the summer is beautiful. There are a few of the ways you can explore all it has to offer.
- Fishing - The Estes Park area features dozens of beautiful public fishing areas for free. If you're 16 and over you'll need a license. You can also visit a number of private ponds, including Trout Haven Ranch, which provides everything you need, including gear and a stock pond.
- Horseback Riding - Trail riding in Estes Park is second to none. Visit Cowpoke Corner Corral for family rides or group rides from one to four hours in length, or Hi-Country Stables for two to eight hour rides around lakes and rivers.
- Hiking - Estes Park mountain rentals are near miles and miles of hiking trails for both families and beginning hikers to advanced hikers who want to brave higher altitudes and more challenging trails. There is also a paved walkway around Lake Estes that is stroller, wheelchair, and bike friendly.
Winter WonderlandVisiting Estes Park in the winter means plenty of outdoor activities and breathtaking views of snow-capped mountains. There are many activities to enjoy in the Rocky Mountains.
- Snowshoeing - Hundreds of acres and miles of trails and terrain make Estes Park perfect for snowshoeing. You can rent equipment or sign up for a guided tour from places like Estes Park Mountain Shop.
- Cross Country Skiing - Estes Park shops offer lessons, tours, and rentals. Some of the most popular areas in Estes Park for Nordic skiing include Sprague Lake and Bear Lake within Rocky Mountain National Park.
Family FunIf you want to explore Estes Park's activities that kids will enjoy as well, then you won't be disappointed.
- Chipper's Lanes - With arcade and video games, bowling, and live music, this non-smoking facility is family friendly and features great burgers, fries, and plenty to do for everyone in the family.
- Estes Park Outfitters - Their High Country Wagon tours provide a unique look at the park through a draft horse-drawn wagon during a four-hour ride off the beaten path.
Rocky Mountain RomanceIf you're traveling with your partner for a romantic retreat, or would rather tackle Estes Park by yourself, there are a couple of must-do activities.
- Day Spas - Pamper yourself with an Estes Park spa day. Escape Spa and Salon, Elements of Touch, and Affinity Massage are just a few of many in the area. Treat yourself to spa favorites such as a massage, manicure and pedicure, or full body wrap. This is not just for the ladies either; these spas feature treatments for men as well.
- Twin Owls Steakhouse - This local favorite includes an excellent steak and seafood selection and is the perfect locale for a romantic getaway.
Estes Park is the perfect place to visit, whether you're looking for adventure or you want a fun place to take the family on vacation. With all of these attractions and more, you're sure to make your trip unforgettable.