Finding the perfect restaurant won't be a problem; Mammoth Lakes has an excellent variety of dining options, whether you're looking for a romantic dinner for two or a hearty post-ski lunch. Check out six of Mammoth Lakes' best restaurants.
6 Best Restaurants in Mammoth Lakes
One of California's most spectacular resort towns, Mammoth Lakes, is home to fabulous skiing, stunning scenery, cozy vacation rentals, and of course, divine dining. The area hosts an abundance of avid sports fans who travel to Mammoth Lakes to revel in its spectacular location, right next door to Yosemite National Park. When you spend your days on the slopes, hiking through breathtaking canyons, and playing in the sparkling lakes, you're bound to work up an appetite.
1. NevadosSurrounded by gorgeous woodlands, Nevados is a fine dining restaurant awarded three diamonds by AAA. Its menu features contemporary American cuisine and an extensive wine list. It is a favorite among visitors and locals who return time and again for fabulous traditional dishes like grilled duck breast with a Cointreau demi-glaze, cioppino, and peppered elk medallions. Reservations are recommended.
2. The Restaurant at Convict LakeThough tucked away in a secluded spot a few minutes outside Mammoth Lakes, a visit to The Restaurant at Convict Lake is worth any effort it takes to get there. The gorgeous interior is warm and inviting, thanks in part to the wood burning fireplace, and has HDTVs for sport-loving patrons. The eclectic continental menu is familiar but varied, with belgian endive, bosc pear, candied walnuts, and stilton cheese salad; beef wellington; and crispy skin scottish salmon. Reservations recommended.
3. Fireside Burgers and TapIf you're craving a hearty classic or have kids in tow, Fireside Burgers and Tap is a woodland-style diner with delicious rusticated diner fare. Top your custom beef, buffalo, veggie, chicken, or tuna burger with pastrami, smoky Thousand Island, or pineapple rings, or stay traditional and add a side of garlic-parmesan fries. Salads and sandwiches like Pulled Pork are dished out, too, along with a selection of beers and wines.
4. Gomez's Mexican Restaurant and CantinaNow located in the heart of Mammoth Lake village, family friendly Gomez's is a casual spot offering classic ethnic cuisine, over 150 tequilas, and their "Mammoth Margarita", served up in a 22-ounce hand blown glass. Fajitas, enchiladas, burritos, and standard Mexican fare grace the menu, and their wines hail from Spain, Argentina, and Italy. T-shirts are available too for men, women, and niños.
5. Slocums Grill and BarThe perfect place to meet with friends and enjoy craft beers next to the fire, Slocums Grill and Bar has been perfecting its stylish yet cozy atmosphere and selection of beers and wines for nearly 30 years. Share a fabulous artisan cheese and salami board with friends, partake of a bacon wrapped filet mignon with sauteed mushrooms and maytag blue cheese, wild sea scallops, or a signature Slocums burger, and wash it down with a craft beer, full flavored ale, or small batch bourbon. Kids can come, too, and select from their own menu. Reservations are not accepted.
6. Schat's BakeryIt may not be a full service restaurant, but Schat's is one of the hottest eateries in town. Pre-ski breakfast crowds snap up the croissants, strudel, scones, and fresh squeezed orange juice, while daytime clientele crave the handmade sandwiches, cookies, and famous Sheepherder bread. Savor a gooey/flaky chocolate croissant then work it off on the slopes.
Is your mouth watering yet? Wait till you get to Mammoth Lakes, because there's plenty more where this came from.