Things to Do in San Diego
San Diego Beaches
Rent a sailboat or wave-runner for more exciting adventure, or take part in an impromptu volleyball game with other beach goers. Of course, if you surf, you'll be able to join the healthy surf culture on any of the popular beaches designated for this crowd.
The San Diego Zoo
As a world-famous attraction, the San Diego Zoo and neighboring San Diego Safari Park offer visitors a chance to view a wide range of animals in carefully-designed habitats. Plan your day around these zoo areas:
- Polar Rim - This chilly area features polar bears, reindeer, and arctic birds.
- Panda Canyon - This area is dedicated to everyone's favorite, the peaceful Panda Bear.
- Asian Passage - See exotic Oriental animals including the Sun Bear and the Lion-Tailed Macaque.
- Elephant Odyssey - Learn all about one of the largest animals on the planet.
- Lost Forest - View a large variety of zoo favorites including monkeys, tigers and hippos.
- Discovery Outpost - Learn about your favorites at the Children's Zoo, Hummingbird House, and Giant Tortoise Exhibit.
- Africa Rocks - See the best of the big cats in this area.
- Outback - Koalas, wallabies and all the favorites from Down Under are right here.
- Urban Jungle - Learn how the human world is affecting the animal kingdom in this exhibit.
Championship Golf in San Diego, California
If you can't bear to be off the courses for the length of your stay in sunny California, you're in luck. This is one of the few parts of the United States where the weather cooperates with the avid golfer during every season of the year. Because temperatures never vary far from a temperate 70 degrees, you'll have ample opportunities to work on your swing while everyone else soaks up the sun on the local beaches.
San Diego, California is home to 93 golf courses ranging from ocean-front settings and rolling mountain courses, to arid desert environments. In fact, Golf Digest has named this area of California one of the "Top 50 Golf Destinations in the World." Choose from these favorite San Diego courses:
- Aviara Golf Course in Carlsbad
- Barona Creek Golf Club in Lakeside
- Doubletree Golf Resort San Diego in Rancho Penasquitos
- Maderas Golf Club in Poway
- Mission Bay Golf Course in San Diego
- Mission Trails Golf Course in San Diego
- Morgan Run Resort & Club in Del Mar
- Pala Mesa Golf Resort in Fallbrook
- Rancho Bernardo Inn Golf Resort in Rancho Bernardo
- Riverwalk Golf Course in San Diego
- Sheraton Four Points in San Diego
- Steele Canyon Golf Club in Jamul
- Sycuan Casino and Golf Resort in El Cajon
- Temecula Creek Inn Golf Resort in Temecula
- The Crossings at Carlsbad in Carlsbad
- Torrey Pines Golf Course in La Jolla
- Warner Springs Ranch in Warner Springs
Whether you travel to charming San Diego for the beaches, the golf, or the zoo, you and your family will enjoy a San Diego vacation of a lifetime.