Ski Vacation Deals [Infographic]
Ski Vacation Deals in the US
Tips for cheap ski vacations and where to find deals for:
- Lift Tickets
- New to the sport? Check out our Beginner's Guide to Skiing .
Ski Like the Locals
Save money on lift tickets with these tips:
- Ask friends about "buddy passes."
- Get a local savings card.
- Buy package deals, like 4-packs of tickets.
- Check Craigslist.
- Check local grocery stores for discounts.
- Book online and in advance.
- Ski on midweek days and during the off-peak season (early or late in season).
- Check local equipment retailers.
- Liftopia.com has discounted offers up to 90% off.
- Ask about discounts for military, industry pros and travel agents.
How to Save Money on Ski Gear
Buying equipment is a balance of pricing, availability and timing.
- Don't buy in the holiday shopping season - wait until February-April.
- Look for summer sales on ski gear.
- Buy last-season's closeouts.
- Rent if you only ski or snowboard a few times each year. Save at a local outfitter over the resort.
- Buy gently used equipment that doesn't require customization.
Ski Day Savings
Ski like a local by...
- Skiing midweek.
- Staying in a vacation rental at the mountain instead of the high-priced resort.
- Packing a lunch and refillable water bottle.
- Check ski resort Facebook and Twitter pages for last-minute specials.