Video Tips for a Gas-Friendly Getaway
Road Trips Prove Getting There is Half the Fun!
Saving Money on Vacation is Fun, Too
Going on a road trip for your next vacation? Enjoy the fun of driving with these useful tips for a gas-friendly getaway.
Preparing for the Trip
- Check your air filter - A clean filter can improve your mileage.
- Check tire alignment - Good alignment improves efficiency and extends tire life.
- Get a tune up - A tuned up engine is more gas-friendly.
- Check your tire pressure - Tires filled to the correct pressure give you the best gas mileage.
- Lighten your load - Remove unneccesary weight and bulk by taking the things out of your trunk and storage space that you won't need for the trip.
- Drive smoothly at a constant speed.
- Observe speed limits - going a little slower uses less gas.
- Don't idle at drive-thrus and pit stops.
- Don't rev your engine - it wastes gas.
Where to go
We have some ideas - check out some of the best family vacation rental destinations and top New Jersey beaches for families. Have a great trip!