Valentine’s Day is not only a reminder to appreciate our loved ones, but also a good excuse for a romantic weekend vacation. A quick getaway in February doesn’t have to break the bank, either. Keep reading for some ideas on cheap Valentine’s Day vacations. Skip the roses in chocolates in favor of a gift your partner will really love — a quick getaway.
- Vermont: What could be more romantic than a secluded mountain getaway to celebrate Valentine’s Day? In Vermont, skip cabins and rentals that are close to skiing and you should be able to find a great deal. These isolated options are often the most romantic. Bring along bubble bath, candles and wine to set the Valentine's Day mood.
- Portland, Oregon: Cities always have a lot to offer, and Portland is still one of the more affordable cities to travel to, especially if you are on the west coast. If you’re a food and wine loving couple, Portland has plenty up its sleeve to entertain you during your trip.
- Memphis, Tennessee: Memphis is known for its music, nightlife, and entertaining attractions. If you’re an active couple or like southern food, Memphis could be the perfect trip for you.
- Outer Banks, North Carolina: The Outer Banks might have a great reputation for summer getaways, but the truth is, it can be just as romantic over Valentine’s Day. You will be able to secure an oceanfront rental at a fraction of the price in February compared to August and the sunsets are just as stunning.
- Blue Ridge Mountains, North Carolina: If you prefer the mountains to the beach, there are great values to be had with a secluded cabin getaway in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Look for a rental with romantic amenities such as a fireplace or hot tub.
- Acadia, Maine: This is a great place if you are looking for beautiful natural scenery. Instead of high summer prices, you can take in the gorgeous surroundings for a much more reasonable price during February.
- Savannah, Georgia: Without a doubt, one of the most romantic and affordable cities in the country is Savannah. Here you will enjoy mild temperatures, beautiful architecture, jazz music, sprawling parks, and more. Choose a rental in the historic district and spend your trip exploring on foot and enjoying local cuisine.
- Cape Cod: During the summer, many places in Cape Cod might break the bank, but during the winter there are many deals to be found. The scenery here is just as gorgeous as during the summer season, except you will get to experience it without any crowds.
- Whidbey Island, Washington: Washington State is another place that draws serious crowds during the warmer, summer months. Yet the striking scenery is just as beautiful throughout the rest of the year. Choose a cozy rental on Whidbey Island and spend a trip snuggling with your loved one by the fireplace.
- Poconos, Pennsylvania: The idea behind Valentine’s Day is making an effort to spend time together. When you choose a cabin rental in the Poconos, this is exactly what you will get. Stock the kitchen of your private rental with champagne and ingredients for a special dinner, and you have the recipe for an affordable and memorable Valentine’s Day.
Romantic Valentine's Day Rentals
This elegant, charming and romantic retreat (perfect for a honeymoon!) features lovely furnishings, a beautiful view and lush tropical gardens. The main house consists of two buildings that surround the large brick courtyard with spa. One of these...
Keep an eye out for all activity on the water—fishing boats, kayakers, outrigger teams practicing, pods of spinner dolphins and, in the winter, Humpback whales.
Full Kitchen with ocean view
• Great Oceanfront Location
• Pool, Caba...
It doesn't get any better than this, and with your own private pool! This is one of the best accommodations in Old Town, located in the Truman Annex community which is the Heart of Old Town. They are near everything. Walk two blocks to Mallory Pie...
3 MAIN REASONS WHY YOU WILL LOVE THE VILLA:
We are located at Holmes Beach in a condo complex in a quiet residential area, only half a block from beach and in walking distance from the island's marina and main shopping centre with, ...
Enjoy the best that a personalized and privately owned villa can provide. Located 100 yards from two golf courses and a 12 minute walk to the Sea Pines Beach Club. High speed wireless Internet.
From beach accessories to a vi...