The Best New Year's Eve Destinations
Start your listing today
New Year's Eve Around the USA
If you plan to get away for the year's biggest party, you have a wide variety of celebrations to choose from across the country. From vibrant city action to quiet country escapes to quirky small-town fun, you can find any setting you want for a special New Year's Eve.
Top 7 New Year's Eve Destinations in the US
On December 31, one million revelers pour into Times Square for its famous ball drop.
New York, New York
Las VegasJoin over 300,000 people on the Las Vegas Strip as the casinos coodinate an amazing fireworks show.
New OrleansFirworks are launched from two barges anchored in the Mississippi River that can be enjoyed from land or steamboat.
Los AngelesDance in a Hollywood club or celebrate aboard the historic Queen Mary with midnight fireworks.
SeattleParty at the top of the Space Needle as a massive firework display launches right above your head.
Miami BeachEnjoy the 3-day-long Orange Drive Miami Music Festival, and attend South Beach's Ocean Drive and Biscayne Bay fireworks.
AustinFrom 5:00 to 10:30, enjoy family-friendly, alcohol-free festivities downtown, then crank up the volume at 6th Street - the heart of Austin's live music scene.
Tops of the Tops
What New Year's Eve is known for across the country.
- Most Iconic City - New York Times Square confetti includes wishes written by visitors to Times Square that year.
- Biggest Media Event - Times Square Ball Drop The first ball came about as a result of a ban on fireworks in 1907.
- Top Tradition - New Year's Resolutions About 45% of Americans make one, and 46% of those keep them over 6 months.
- Most Popular Drink - Champagne Most popular champagne in the U.S. is Andre Extra Dry.
- Top Parade - The Tournament of Roses Parade Pasadena, California's gorgeous prelude to the iconic Rose Bowl Game.
- Most Traditional Song - Auld Lang Syne A Scottish folk song, first published in 1796. The term means "old long ago" or "the good old days."
- Most Expensive - SET Nightclub, Miami $30,000 gets 10 Dom Perignon magnums, 5 Belvedere magnums and VIP trasportation for 30.
Quirkiest New Year's Eve DropsThe Times Square crystal ball is just one of many objects dropped at midnight.
- Eastport, Maine, has both a sardine drop and a maple leaf drop.
- Honolulu drops a replica of a Smooth Cayenne pineapple with a blaze of fireworks.
- Raleigh, NC, drops a 1,250-pound copper and steel acorn.
- Pensacola, Florida, drops a 14-foot pelican with a show of fireworks and confetti.
- Plymouth, Wisconsin, drops a styrofoam replica of a wedge of cheese from a 100-foot ladder truck.
- Vincennes, Indiana, releases 12 watermelons from an 18-foot watermelon at midnight.