One of the great things about the HomeAway family of sites is that thousands of travelers search it every day. That means that as soon as you create a listing with all of the basic requirements, your property will be out there for the world to see. In order for your listing to go live, you must include the following minimum requirements:
- The vacation rental address and advertising region in the “Location” tab (don’t worry – the address of your property will only be shared with confirmed guests)
- A headline (minimum of 20 characters) and description (minimum of 400 characters)
- Your email address or phone number in the “Contact” tab (note: we recommend including an SMS-enabled number and enabling text message alerts so that we can send you a notification when you receive an inquiry or reservation request)
- Include at least six high-quality photos on your listing – we recommend 24 big ones (at least 1024x768) so that you can showcase all the features of your property
- In the “Amenities” tab, include property type and accommodation type and specify the maximum number of people who can sleep at the rental, the number of bedrooms, and the number of bathrooms
Add your rates: either list a standard rate that covers all dates or at least one seasonal rate for a specific time period. We will provide quotes to your guests based on the dates of the stay so be sure you keep them as accurate as possible. This is what the traveler sees
Once you’ve done these things, your listing will be up and running. But don’t stop there – learn how to build a standout listing.