HomeAway Licenses Al Green’s ‘Let’s Stay Together’ for New Ad Campaign
Debuting during the 69th Annual Golden Globes
AUSTIN, Texas, January 11, 2012 — HomeAway, Inc. (NASDAQ: AWAY), the worldwide leader in online vacation rentals– today announces the launch of its new national advertising campaign centered around the key message, “Let’s Stay Together.” The campaign focuses on families and groups creating lasting memories out of where they stay, not just where they go. The HomeAway® ad campaign licenses the rights to Al Green’s 1972 classic hit, “Let’s Stay Together,” and debuts in select markets during the January 15, 2012 NBC television broadcast of the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards.
The new campaign goes beyond focusing solely on the shortcomings of hotels, and celebrates the benefits of vacation home rentals, including more space, value and amenities, and promotes renting a home on vacation as the ideal way for families and groups to come together.
“This campaign speaks to our key purpose, which is to bring people together to create unforgettable experiences while on vacation. We want to send a message to families and groups that where you stay is as important as where you go,” says Brian Sharples, co-founder and chief executive officer of HomeAway. “We believe this campaign will serve as a long-term platform for building the HomeAway brand and positioning vacation rental travel against other alternatives such as hotels.”
The campaign follows research by HomeAway revealing spending quality time together is the primary reason why families and groups go on vacation.
The ads air in key US markets and nationally on cable, including networks such as: the Travel Channel, Food Network and Home and Garden Television (HGTV). Specific airings and promotions include:
- 54th Annual Grammy Awards – airs in select markets during the broadcast on February 12, 2012 on CBS
- 84th Annual Academy Awards – airs in select markets during the broadcast on February 26, 2012 on ABC; 15-second vignettes to air during red carpet pre-show coverage to promote HomeAway’s “Let’s Get Together” Academy Awards watch party contest
- Survivor Finale Contest – select CBS markets to promote an integrated HomeAway-Survivor trip giveaway for a group of four to win a VIP weekend in New York City and watch the live taping of the CBS Survivor finale
- Travel Channel Sweepstakes – HomeAway to launch sweepstakes prize on The Travel Channel
- Digital Advertising – online advertising will appear on general interest and travel-focused web sites
- Social Media – HomeAway leverages social media to spread the word about the campaign, the company’s Facebook, Twitter and YouTube accounts will be updated regularly with campaign content at http://www.facebook.com/HomeAway, http://twitter.com/HomeAway and http://www.youtube.com/homeawayvacation.
HomeAway is a registered trademark of HomeAway. Other company, website, network and broadcast names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
For information contact:
Public Relations Manager