HomeAway University is a bi-annual, 4-week training program giving college students the chance to develop state-of-the-art enterprise-level applications in a professional setting on a train-to-hire basis. Upon completion of the program, participants will have the knowledge to succeed as part of any of our diverse development teams.
The program also gives a select group of current employees the opportunity to take on additional responsibility by managing the HomeAway University team. In this role they have the chance to develop leadership skills while cultivating the next generation of HomeAway innovators.
As a HomeAway U student, you gain exposure to:
- Diverse Range of Products: From customer-facing websites to internal data services, trainees work on projects that appeal to all interests
- International Operations: HomeAway has websites in multiple countries and languages, with development teams all over the world. Here you interact with these groups and experience the synergy of a global organization
- Data Analytics: Our data warehouse contains information from all aspects of the business. Metrics mined from this huge data set helps drive business priorities. You can play a big part in building the tools to efficiently gather this data
- Projects that Need You: There are many projects in our pipeline just waiting for a great developer to step up to the plate. Each HomeAway University class is assigned a unique and challenging project that will be implemented into our existing systems!
All of this in a fun, collaborative atmosphere:
- Fun Fridays: Participate in weekly group outings for mini golf, rock climbing, dinner and a movie, kayaking on town lake, bowling, lazer tag and more!
- Mentors: Not only do you get to work with senior engineers on your team, you're also assigned a mentor from another team for guidance and additional support.
- Amazing offices: Located in downtown Austin or north or south of town, our award-winning offices provide a unique and energizing backdrop for your work day!
Find Out More
For more information about how you can be part of the next HomeAway University session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or visit us on campus this Fall!
- Rice University: Fall 2014 Career & Internship Expo - September 11, 2014
- Purdue University: Industrial Roundtable 2014 - September 16, 2014
- University of Texas, Austin: Fall 2014 Career EXPO - September 18, 2014
See you there!
HAU Summer 2014 - Day 1!
Rice CSters Visit HomeAway!
The first graduating class of HomeAway University
l-r. Brady Ellison,Trung Vu, Michael Yao, Tyler Diller-Stone, Jonathan Rosenberg, (Administrators: Anita Dodia and Eric Dryer), Bethany Barrientos and Graham Smith